ִֶָ☾.𝙰𝚖 𝙸 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝?

I chose to ignore Levi, as always. I knew he was right about the whole Light thing, but I didn't want to admit it. I appreciated Alex calling me a President Perfect either way, but obviously, I had to keep to my reputation. The school loved me, right?

I got ready and Levi walked me to school. There was a Student Council meeting that I couldn't miss. I got my books for the next classes and headed straight to the meeting.

"Hey, Luca, are you okay?" Alex asked me.

"Yes, I'm fine." I probably looked sleep deprived.

"Okay, well the principal needs help with setting up the school dance for Valentine's Day, which is in a month. You're in charge of the fundraisers." Alex informed me. I knew that she knew about everything, but I accepted the job. The other student council members got their jobs then we left to our classes.

After two periods, I heard two students chatting.

"Luca think's he's so perfect, yet he's bland as duck."

"Well- I think he's a nice person if you get to know him." It was Light.

"How long has it been since Luca spoke to you?"

"Oh."

"Yea."

"But I like Luca, he's a good person, if you don't count how hard he tries."

I try too hard..?

I'm bland?

Am I even perfect?

I couldn't handle this much longer.

I was tired, sad, and had too much to do.

Why wasn't this easy?

After the rest of my classes, I walked home and thought of some fundraiser ideas. I went to sleep soon after. Levi was at Alex's, discussing her ideas.

I started writing in my diary again, so I could try to see how hard I've been trying.

𝑨𝒎 𝑰 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕? 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒚. 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒚. 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔.

I read over the words, at least 50 times. "I think I'm trying too hard," I told myself. The words stuck to me, and I just wrote more fundraiser Ideas for the next few minutes.

𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒉

I looked at the options I had. I liked them all but maybe the charity sounded like the best options. I decided to talk to the charity about what we could do.

"Hello, this is Emily from the blah blah charity!" a voice answered.

"Hi, I'm the President of Student Council from Blah Blah High," I answered.

"Oh, you want a fundraiser for the charity?" she asked.

"Yea, may we do something like a photo stand to get charities from our prom dance?"

"Sure, that's a great idea!" Emily said, and then we both hung up.

Okay, so all I had to do was try to see if I could get a greenscreen with the school's budget for the prom. That wouldn't be so hard.

The question all of a sudden struck my head again. Am I perfect? I tried shaking it off, but that wouldn't work. I knew nobody was ever perfect, but everything about me was organized. I had good grades, I was neat, I was a straight boy. Was I?

I thought about the question all night. I tried my hardest to be perfect. I tried to be nice, smart, and always happy. I definitely wasn't happy. I was stressed.

"Luca, I'm home." Levi came to my room.

"Oh, hey Levi." I said, waving.

"What's up?" Levi asked, noticing I was stressed. Why was he so ducking good at reading my mind?

"Am I perfect?" I asked, finally some of my stress left my body, but there was one big chunk that didn't. It was the stress to be perfect.

"Well, no. Nobody's perfect, Luca." Levi answered.

"I-i know, but I have good grades, I'm president of the student council, I'm kind, I'm neat and- I'm straight?"

"I know good and well you're not straight, Luca, stop forcing yourself to believe all of that nonsense. You know exactly who you are, inside of you. Stop letting 'President Perfect' take you over." Levi said to me, he looked like he was being as honest as possible.

"I- I don't want to talk about it." I slammed my door in Levi's face. I couldn't deny the trough, but I had to. I was scared of keeping it in.

I know it's not that bad, but I'm strong enough to do this, right? Well, my brain is. I tried to work on my well-being, not any of the stress though, at least for now.