chapter 10

Lin saw an injured white dirty cub laying beside the bush.

Lin walked towards the laying cub. The injured cub opened its eyes and roared pitifully, trying to threatened her.

Lin paused and again stars walking towards it carefully "worry not, I won't hurt you". She crouched down, trying to calm it down "I just want to take a look at your injuries, ok?".

Lin tried to check the injury but he scratched his nails on her white hand.

"Ouch! It hurts!" Her eyes started to tear up, she looked down at her hand and then again looked at the cub who was trembling.

Calm down, he is just an injured cub who is on his guard, she thought in her mind and tried to smile.

"Don't worry, it doesn't hurt much" she tried to comfort it.

The cub looked at her hand with a guilty look and hesitated. It whimpered and bowed its head.

She saw an tooth mark on its neck and an injured leg which looked broken. "Come with me to see the doctor, ok?" Lin asked softly.

It hesitated and licked her hand. "Great!" Lin said with a delight. She picked him up and was about to get up but before that she was hugged from behind.

"It's great that you are ok, I was so worried" Luke said with a worried voice.

But then he smelled her blood "Are you hurt somewhere?!" He turned her around. She raised her hand "I just hurt my hand".

"...did this thing hurt you?" Luke asked with a gloomy voice and looked at the cub with murderous eyes. Cub trembled in her arms and bared its teeth "grrrr...".

Lin looked at Luke and hid the cub in her arms and said with a serious face "don't even think about hurting it, you know how much I like children".

"...but this thing hurt you and it even might be more dangerous if it grows up" Luke looked at the cub with a jealous face, thinking about it growing up and might even become of her mate.

"Luke, I always respect your decisions, can't just respect mine for once?" Lin looked at him with a sad face.

"That's not it.....fine, let's take him to the hospital" Luke said while looking mad at the cub.

"You are the best mate, Luke.

Now please pick me up" Lin said. Lin pecked his lips as soon as Luke picked her up "I love you so much".

Luke looked at her happily "anything for you" except giving you to someone else, Luke thought in his heart.

<at the doctor's place>

"He is lucky to be picked up by you, otherwised he would have died with wounds like these" the old village doctor said after checking his injuries and mending them.

"He just need few months of rest and then he'll be fine" doctor said while looking at Luke.

"Worry not, I'll take care of him" Lin said while looking at the doctor and Luke.

Luke sighed and gave doctor an colorless gem "we'll take him now".

<after walking out of the doctor's house>

"Do you pay with colorless gems like that?" Lin asked with a curious face.

"Yeah, the lighter the gem is the less valuable it will be" Luke said while walking with Lin in his arms. "Oh-" Lin was about to ask more questions but she spotted her sister.

"Sarah!" Lin waved at her sister. "Sister, what are you doing here?" Sarah asked while looking at Lin's arms.

"I found him injured so we took him to the doctor" Lin said while showing the sleeping cub to her.

"How cute, are you planing to take him as your mate?" Sarah asked while looking at Lin and then Luke, sure enough, Luke's face became gloomy.

"No, she already has me" Luke said while grinting his teeth.

Sarah looked at Luke for a few seconds and returned to Lin "I want to talk to Luke, can I?".

Lin hesitated and looked at Luke "...sure" Luke said.

Sarah nodded and started walking.

"You stay here, I'll be right back" Lin nodded.

<after a while>

Lin saw Luke coming towards her with a gloomy face.

To be continued~