chapter 9

"You will know, just worry about a place to stay." Lin said and kissed his cheeks lightly.

"Hmm, I have found a place. When shall we leave?" Luke asked with a serious face. "It's better to leave early" Luke said while looking at Lin, worried that she would be reluctant to part with her sister.

"Let's leave tomorrow, I need to spend some time with my sister before leaving" Lin said with a bitter smile. "...ok" Luke agreed.

"I'll make preparations for traveling, you go and spend some time with her." Luke said while collecting all the furs.

<at Sarah's place>

"Are you really leaving?" Sarah asked with a worried face "will you be able to stay alone? You know he can't spend the winter with you, it's better to find one more mate" Sarah tried to convince her sister.

"...I'll see, but I don't know how will he react" Lin said with a worried face.

Sarah said with a serious face "sister, it's better not to give him all the right related to your life".

Seeing Lin hesitate, Sarah decided to talk to Luke herself. "Sister, I'll miss you" Sarah hugged Lin.

"I don't know if I will see before this mission completes" Sarah said, hugging Lin tightly.

Lin saw her old sister back and hugged her happily "worry not, after winter, I'll come to visit you".

Sarah apologized "...and I am sorry about before, I....I was just a little jealous" because I am the protagonist but you got the villian so easily wrapped around your finger.

"It's ok, I am not angry" Lin comforted Sarah. "It's getting late, you should get going otherwise you mate will come finding you" Sarah said jokely.

"Hmm, take care of your self" Lin said while messing her hair.

"Sister!" Sarah exclaimed while setting her hair. "I'll get going now" Lin said and ran away.

<with Luke>

"Luke, I am back!" Lin burst through the door. Luke hugged Lin and said "I missed you".

Lin starts giggling "but it's only been a while". Luke rubs her neck with his face "I starts to miss you whenever you were out of my sight".

Lin hugs his head "shall I help you with the packing?".

"I am done with the packing" Luke looks up from Lin's chest.

"So fast?!" Lin was surprised, but then she thought how Luke didn't want to stay here so he must have prepared it in advance. "Are you hungry?" Luke asked.

"No I ate at my sister's house" Lin said while patting Luke's head. "Shall we go and collect some things outside?" Lin asked with a pleading face.

"No, just tell me and I'll bring it to you" Luke said with a serious face. "I don't have anything in specific.

I just want to see if there's anything that I can collect for the winter since I know more than you" Lin said while holding Luke's hand with a pleading look on her face.

Luke sighed and agreed "but you should stay in my sight". Lin agreed with a happy face.

<outside the village>

"Wow, so beautiful!" Lin exclaimed.

Lin looked around and saw some females collecting fruits while talking to each other with baskets in their hand.

"We forgot the basket" Lin said to luke "can you please bring me a basket?".

Luke hesitated and said "It's dangerous to leave you alone".

"Don't worry about me, there are other females  here too and if I was really dangerous here then their mates wouldn't have let them come" Lin said while thinking and looked at Luke's face.

Luke sighed "...fine, just don't run around and wait here for me.

I might take some time because we don't have a basket so I need to buy it". Lin nodded "you go and I'll start collecting the things I need".

Luke looked at her for few seconds and walked away in a hurry.

"This guy" Lin sighed with grandma's look on her face.  "Now let's get to the business!" Lin said with a determined face.

"I should start collecting mushrooms" Lin said while looking around.

"Gotcha!" Lin spotted 2 mushrooms but with a closer look she found that it was poisonous.

Lin stood outside the dense forest and spotted a bush of cherries.

Lin hesitated for a while and thought that it's just a little into the forest, she'll go and grab it quickly.

She trotted towards the cherries and saw something she didn't expect.

To be continued~