𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝗛𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴

𝗛𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴

The gym was filled with the sounds of sneakers squeaking on the polished floor and the rhythmic thud of basketballs hitting the ground. Heeseung wiped the sweat from his forehead, catching his breath during a brief break in practice. The upcoming game on Friday was crucial, and he was determined to give it his all. It was going to be a tough match, their school pitted against a rival known for its strong basketball team. Heeseung felt the pressure mounting, but he thrived on it.

"Hey, Heeseung!" called out Jake, one of his closest teammates, jogging over to him. "You're pushing yourself hard today. Everything alright?"

Heeseung nodded, taking a swig from his water bottle. "Yeah, just want to make sure we're ready for Friday."

Jay joined them, dribbling a ball casually. "You always give it your all, man. But you seem extra motivated today. Something on your mind?"

Before Heeseung could answer, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-ki approached, curiosity evident on their faces.

"Heeseung hyung," Jungwon said, "you've been working like crazy lately. Is it just the game, or is there something else?"

Sunoo nodded in agreement. "Yeah, hyung. You seem different. More focused."

Ni-ki, the youngest of the group, looked up at Heeseung with wide eyes. "You're not gonna get hurt pushing yourself too hard, right, Heeseung hyung?"

Heeseung chuckled, ruffling Ni-ki's hair. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt myself. I just want to make sure we win this game. It's important for all of us."

Jake smirked, nudging Heeseung with his elbow. "Is it just the game, though? Or does this extra motivation have something to do with a certain someone?"

Heeseung felt his cheeks heat up slightly, but he maintained his composure. "What are you talking about?"

Jay rolled his eyes. "Come on, man. We've seen how you've been around Eun-hae. You can't hide it from us."

Sunghoon grinned. "Yeah, it's obvious. You like her, don't you?"

Heeseung sighed, knowing there was no point in denying it. "Alright, fine. Maybe I do. But that's not the point. We have to stay focused on the game."

Sunoo smiled knowingly. "It's okay, hyung. Having a crush is normal. It might even help you play better, you know?"

Jungwon added, "Yeah, and she seems really nice. We're happy for you."

Heeseung felt a warmth in his chest, grateful for his teammates' support. "Thanks, guys. But seriously, let's stay focused. We need to practice hard if we want to win."

The boys nodded, understanding the importance of their preparation. They resumed practice with renewed energy, passing the ball, running drills, and perfecting their plays. Heeseung led by example, his determination inspiring his teammates to give their best.