─── ౨ৎ𓄹٠٘ ix. unexpected outcomes

┏━━━━━━⊰ இ ⊱━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗:
𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐒
❝ 𝒊𝒕'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚, 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒋𝒐. ❞
┗━━━━━━⊰ இ ⊱━━━━━━┛

—it was a bright tuesday morning in sendai city

—it was a bright tuesday morning in sendai city. a flock of pale thrush birds fly over the campus and create an ephemeral chirping sounds here and there. it was peaceful, serene. contrast to the squeals and giggles of the students as they gushed about the sweets and gifts that they got for valentines day.

"it's 8 am..." sayuri grumbled beside yuji as they made their way to their classroom. "i get it that it's valentines day, but they're so—"

"loud?" yuji laughed and looked down beside her. over their winter break, he has grown a few centimeters, passing sayuri's height. while the other, seemed to grow more tired and a bit tanned during her winter break. sayuri mentioned that she was going on a vacation flying from one country to another.

but in reality, sayuri spent a few weeks in the philippines with her brother, satoru, to search and exorcise the high-level curses that the other sorcerers found difficult to kill. once they had finished, they left a few hundred low-level curses for the other sorcerers to kill.

as a reward for her performance, sayuri's efforts were recognized and praised by her clan, while her brother showered her with whatever sweets and souvenirs she wanted to buy while they were staying in the philippines.

the tropical climate during the first months of the year was different from the cold climate she was grew up to, that was why she was beyond exhausted almost every day during her stay for fighting curses.

she pushed past her limits that even her eyes started to hurt for some reason.

knowing that satoru would be worried, she tried to hide it from him. but once she came back to japan, it only took one look by yuji itadori to notice that there was something wrong with sayuri.

"come on, yuri." yuji smiled her grumpy mood off as he opened the door for her. "won't you be that happy as well when you receive gifts?" he bashfully asked, with a hint of incentive clue.

sayuri rolled her eyes. the people whom she was acquainted with was countable with her fingers. sure, she and ozawa, hina, emi, akio, and kai were close, but they had their own circle of friends as well. the only one who stuck with sayuri every day was yuji. "i doubt i'd be receiving gifts today—"

"murasaki! shoyo from class 3-3 left chocolates on your desk!"

"hey, sayuri. my friend, akaashi from class 3-4 left flowers for you."

"'saki! my cousin, kenma left you some gift, open it!"

sayuri hid behind yuji as they were surrounding and overwhelming her with gifts and sweets. the latter acting as a grumpy-jealous shield — he was about to give sayuri his self-made candies and some mochis, but it seemed like he had competition.