˗ˏˋ༻ʚ27ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Hey guys, thank y'all for the 10k reads despite the lack of update ✨

˗ˏˋ༻ʚKrystian's POVɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Krystian relaxed comfortably in the rear seat of the car as the driver easily drove past the massive school gate. A notification appeared on his screen, and he scowled slightly at the title. It was an article about an incident that had occurred at his school. The police in charge had conducted a news conference, and according to the article's headline, the man had declared it a suicide case.

"Suicide is the case," Krystian mumbled the headline before rolling his eyes and sighing. He had seen such articles before. He'd seen similar ones ever since the news conference was held.

Krystian had no idea what to think. Suicide? It made no sense, but he was pleased that it was finally over. First, he saw that horrible sight, and then, the police officers pouring into the school and questioning everyone in his class as if they were murderers. Hindering justice? Getting in the way of justice? He didn't want to think about what the policeman had said to him. Overall, he felt awful for Danielle and couldn't figure out what caused her sudden death.

Krystian stared out the window as the car came to a stop. It was pouring down rain outside, but he was glad he had his umbrella. After saying goodbye to his driver, he pushed the car door open. He didn't move out until he was confident that he had effectively opened his umbrella. Once under the umbrella's protection, he moved towards the main building, but not before a portable figure stormed in to block his route.

Despite her burning eyes and flared-up nose, Krystian couldn't help but feel as if time had stopped. He couldn't believe the person standing in front of him, let alone seeing that person in his school uniform. This wasn't a portrait; it was her in front of him. And the most pressing question in his mind was: Why?

"Apologise!" Her voice thundered, and he knew there and then that he'd messed up.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I walked along the corridor seeking for Toyosi but couldn't find her. She was the head girl, which meant she could be in a thousand places at once. I had determined not to call her, but it now seems impossible. I pulled out my phone and went to my contacts. Toyosi's name was the first, as she had called me this morning, as she always did on school days.

"Hey Krystian," Toyosi whispered after answering. Whispered? My brow creased at that realisation. There was one place I hadn't checked. 

"Are you at the library?" I inquired, still standing in the centre of the hallway. A couple of boys from my class passed by and motioned for me to join them, but I declined by shaking my head.

"Yes, why?" Her voice dragged me back into the conversation. The library was not appropriate for the conversation I intended to have with her. Everyone would know with a single word from me. I needed an area that was noisy and enthusiastic. A place where we could speak without being scowled at.

"Are you that busy? Can we meet at the football field?" I asked cautiously. Toyosi, of course, didn't reply immediately. I knew she was busy, but knowing Toyosi, there was a chance she'd likely come to me. 

"Aren't you playing ball?" She questioned me over the phone, but I wasn't shocked. We were in our free period. Of course, she'd expect me to be on the field with the other boys from our class. Romeo strolled past, sneaking a glance at me before continuing on his way. I gave a scoff. I had no idea what his problem with me was, and to be honest, I didn't care. I couldn't believe we had once been friends. Good thing he was respectful on the football field.