Chapter Sixteen

Note: This chapter will be talking about monkeys. The monkey cafe is not real, and I don't think it exists. I tried my best to research them, and please do support in protecting the wildlife. Note that the mention of these monkeys and the cafe is not meant to harm or cause disinformation. With that said, enjoy the chapter!

Working on PR is one of the least favorite things every artist has to do. While Krist loved to talk to people and actually put himself out there, he was still very cautious in everything he was doing. Artists always needed to be careful, especially during focused events like interviews and shows. He needed to be careful not to spill any sensitive information about the show, or himself in general.

As professionalism goes, Krist has to fight extra hard, because he wears his heart on his sleeve.

But... they currently have a romantic drama to promote, which means, that whatever hostility or hesitation he may still feel towards his co-star, he has to set aside that for now, as they happily talk to their interviewer.

"How is it like working together again after years of being apart?"

"Oh, it feels great. I feel like I'm home again," Singto says, all sincerity in his eyes. Krist couldn't help but smile. They were sitting side-by-side, shoulders pressed together. Singto was the one nearer the interviewer. He was all smiles and giggles. Krist felt a little guilty because he knew that Singto was aware of his small hesitations in being asked personal questions, especially about them.

The interviewer laughs, "It certainly is a nice view to see Krist smiling again because fans have noticed that he smiles less when you left abroad. Have you guys had any stories to tell about the filming of Destiny Calls?"

Krist mentally recalls all of the information that was allowed to be answered, "Yes. We're currently finishing the last episodes filming, and the first episodes are in post-production. Everyone has been working really well to make this series something special."

Singto nods, patting Krist's knee casually, to which the other glances, "It's been great. In the next few days, we'll get to talk about it with the other main cast. I've been so thankful that PEBACA was able to be reunited in this project."

There was a collective enthusiastic nod among everyone, all excited to see the banter between the three couples.

In the following days, they were subjected to several guest appearances on variety shows and news networks. Krist and Singo were the busiest ones, while the other casts tagged along for some interviews.

Because they were so busy, Krist was even able to forget or think less about his own self-reflecting. But Singto was always consistent. He never forgot to dote on Krist, to care for him, even in the smallest of gestures.

This wasn't a new feat for him, as Singto was always there to take care of him even before leaving. Bringing him bottled water, buying him snacks, checking his temperature if he was too hot or too cold, giving him his jacket when the air conditioning was set high, or pausing in the middle of an interview to silently ask if he was okay.

At some point, it was truly a great help for Krist. Having been reminded of Singto's way of loving him, of taking care of him. He received small gifts, like snacks, iced coffee, pastries, or even some cat treats for the cats at home.

And that all continued on even with their very busy schedule. Krist was grateful for him. Finally, there was a free day in their schedule where they could all go to the Monkey Cafe that their friends were raving about.