Unnoticed and Forgotten Things

After a week, I sat down for an hour or two just to analyze things. I started comparing his behavior towards me at the beginning and the last week of ours. I felt like a fool when I realized he was giving all sorts of signs.

Well, He barely texted me. He didn't say, I Love You or I miss You. He didn't send me those usual text or reels. His text were getting dry. I was the only one texting. He didn't tell me about his day anymore. Even when in call, he ignored me. He didn't care about my day and mood. He stopped apologizing genuinely. I mean, I don't know how come I didn't notice any of these. Oh well, Love is blind afterall.

To each of his insult I used to hear back then; just to satisfy him, I went out of my comfort zone.

When I realized all these things, I didn't know how to react at all.

Few weeks went by, I had to get over this so I tried. I tried to stay busy as much as possible. I did this, I did that but nothing seems to work.

My morning and night felt empty without his text. I was eager to listen to his voice and no song sounded good to me except his, that replays on my mind all the time.

Few more weeks went by and I am little bit more stable. I started eating and slowly went back to my normal routine though I wasn't normal at all. I was still struggling to forget him and move on.

Something would happen at my work and that sudden urge to text him all those details only to realize he is no more here to listen to it. Everything reminded me of him.

Few months passed by, I am stable, confident, back to my normal life but this time with the normal me.

What I realized after the break up is that, I had forgotten to look good and do makeup for myself, I had forgotten to ask myself, "Do I like this outfit?" or "Am I comfortable with this?"

In the journey of making him mine and happy, I had completely forgotten to make myself an incharge of my emotions. I gave him the controller of my emotions and He played with it.....

***

At last, I finally understood my worth, self love and care. It's not about, "what looks attractive on me?" but about, "What makes me feel attractive?"

After everyone leaves, there will be one and only person and that is you, so learn to love and prioritize yourself more than anyone else, it's you who matters.

I still love him, not that I don't care at all, it's just that, I learnt to love and care about myself more.

A year ago, it was only him who had love, and now it's only me.

The story that started from one-sided to once again unrequited...