Pair Up (3)

Moe's Pov

While in a daze, Moe struggled to keep her knees from buckling as she felt them weaken. As she neared her class, she stumbled upon her English teacher, Miss Cindy, who was also about to enter the classroom.

"Hi, Moe. Why aren't you in class yet? Is it because of your club?" Miss Cindy asked.

"Oh yes... Yeah, because of that. Heh..." Moe replied, still somewhat flustered. Not entirely because of that, but technically yes.

"Oh, wait, Miss Cindy, Skye said she's going to be late. She has to run some errands," Moe quickly added.

Miss Cindy nodded in understanding. "Thanks for letting me know, Moe." They then entered the classroom together.

She made her way to her seat, and the class president began the morning routine, greeting and showing respect to their teacher.

...

Class started, and Miss Cindy, their English teacher, asked everyone to pair up. She announced that they would be doing presentations on the topic of ;

"favorite public figure."

Everyone started looking for Skye, but she was nowhere to be found. Cake raised her hand and asked,

"Teacher, where's Skye?"

The same question was on everyone's mind, so Miss Cindy explained that Skye had to run some errands. The class visibly showed their disappointment.

"Enough, class. It's not like all of you would pair up with Skye if she were here. Now, please, pair up already before I do it for you," Miss Cindy said firmly.

The class hurriedly paired themselves to avoid making their teacher mad.

But as expected, Moe was left alone. No one wanted to pair up with her, or did they even notice her?

Moe told herself she wasn't upset, but her heart ached. It hurt to be overlooked and unpicked, but she chose to shrug it off, convincing herself she was used to it.

As time passed, everyone had picked their favorite public figures. Some had already started their presentations while others were still deciding.

What about Moe?

She decided to go ahead and do her presentation alone rather than doing nothing at all.

Suddenly, the classroom door swung open, revealing the much-awaited person: Skye had arrived.

"Hi, teacher! I'm sorry I'm late, but you probably already know why, right?" Skye asked as she entered the class, capturing everyone's attention.

"Oh yes, Moe already filled me in," Miss Cindy replied calmly.

"Oh, and I've assigned a task for the class. You need to pair up and prepare a presentation."

"Well, everyone else has already paired up except Moe. You can pair up with her, dear," Miss Cindy said, pointing towards Moe.

"Alright!" Skye replied cheerfully.

As Skye walked towards Moe and sat beside her, Moe could feel the weight of the class's eyes on her, their stares piercing.

And in that moment, Moe's heart felt like it was about to burst from excitement, happiness, and a rush of emotions. She couldn't help but feel elated and grateful.

Fuck the class, they must be so envious right now. But,

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Was all in moe's mind...

As the teacher noticed everyone stopping to watch Skye pairing up with Moe, she quickly urged them to continue with their assignments before she lost her patience.

...

"So, Moe, what's the presentation topic?" Skye asked, but all Moe could think about was how close they were sitting, how beautiful Skye's eyes looked, and how calming her voice sounded. All she could think was,

"Perfect."

"Moe? Earth to Moe?" Skye knocked on the table, snapping Moe back into reality.

"Oh! Yes? Sorry, what are you asking?" Moe replied, feeling a bit flustered. Skye chuckled at Moe's reaction, causing Moe to blush even more.

"I was asking about the assignment, Moe," Skye clarified with a smile.

"Okay, get it together, Moe! You don't want to look like a fool in front of her! Relax... You got this," Moe thought to herself, taking a quick deep breath.

"So, Miss Cindy asked us to make a presentation on our favorite public figure, and we have two weeks to prepare," Moe calmly explained to Skye.

"Damn, I nailed it. I managed to explain it calmly to her."

"Next step, marriage-WHOAAA, EASY THERE," Moe's thoughts raced, catching herself in the moment.

If she could give herself a good slap in the face right now, she would've done it.

"I see... Then, wanna do it at my house?" Skye asked Moe.

"D-do what now?" Moe stammered, feeling a bit flabbergasted.

Skye chuckled softly, "The assignment, silly. You're funny, Moe," she said with a genuine smile, clearly amused by Moe's reaction.

Moe's ears turned even redder, and she instinctively tried to cover them with her hands, which caught Skye's attention. "Moe, are you okay? You look red, are you sick?"

Skye asked with concern, reaching out to gently place her hand on Moe's forehead.

You know the drill..,

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

was all in moe's mind, again.

She quickly took Skye's hand off her forehead gently and reassured her, "I'm fine, really. I'm completely great, just... um... you know, it's a bit hot in here."

"Oh, okay, if you say so," Skye replied. "Oh yeah, so can we do the assignment at my house? I don't really like doing it outside." Skye stated.

"But I don't want to be a bother at your house-" Moe started to say, but Skye interrupted her.

"So it's decided then. My driver will take you," Skye said decisively.

"But-" Moe began to protest,

but Skye cut her off firmly. "Nope, I don't take no for an answer," she said decisively. "Please?" Then she hit Moe with a killer smile, leaving her unable to refuse.

"Alright..," she conceded,

thinking at least she'd get to hang out at Skye's house and maybe get to know her parents,

as they are my future in-laws-STOP. Anyway, we could maybe become friends after this or even closer, and then we get married-

ENOUGH DELUSIONAL THOUGHT!

...

"OK, so does this weekend sound good to you or are you busy that day?" Skye asked.

"Oh, sounds good then. I'm free that day." She replied to skye's question as she's usually free.

THE END OF CHAPTER 3

P.s I've nothing to say but thanks for reading chapter 3. Love y'all <3