Awkwardness (8)

The next morning,

The scene at the mansion was quite a mess. Skye and Moe, who had accidentally fallen asleep in the garden after..,

'you-know-what-happened,'

were found by Skye's bodyguards. The guards, doing their routine patrol, carried the two inside and placed them in their rooms.

Moe's POV

"Ugh," Moe groaned, her head pounding with a bad hangover. She blinked slowly, trying to piece together where she was.

As she took in the unfamiliar surroundings, she realized she was in a bed inside the mansion.

Confusion clouded her thoughts. "How did I get here?" she wondered, rubbing her temples.

Then it hit her – the garden. Flashes of the previous night began to surface.

A vivid memory struck her: Skye and Moe kissing passionately under the stars.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Moe screamed, sitting bolt upright. The reality of what she had done hit her like a ton of bricks.

She struggled to breathe properly, her chest tightening with panic. Trying to calm herself, she took a deep breath and immediately slapped her cheek.

"Fuck! That hurt," she muttered, rubbing her cheek. "So... I'm not dreaming..." Still panicked but now also confused, she wavered between feeling happy and nervous.

She then buried her face back in the pillow and screamed again.

………

Skye's POV

The sound of water flowing from the tap could be heard as Skye splashed water onto her face, trying to wake herself up. She placed her palms on the edge of the sink, looking at herself in the mirror with a hint of regret.

"Shit," she muttered, clearly struggling to admit what had happened that night.

She looked back at the mirror, her reflection serious and determined. She was set on denying it.

"Nothing happened, Skye. Nothing," she told herself firmly before heading to freshen up and clear her mind.

………

After everyone woke up, they decided to head home. As they waited for the driver, they noticed that Skye wasn't there to say goodbye.

"That's weird," Cake remarked, frowning. "She usually sees us off before we head home."

The others shrugged, equally puzzled by Skye's absence.

Then the driver spoke up. "Miss Skye is still tired, so she decided to rest for a while."

"Is she okay, sir?" Moe asked, worry evident in her voice.

"Oh, she's fine, Moe. Don't worry," Ash chimed in with a reassuring smile. "She's a lot stronger than she looks."

Cake nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, Skye's tough. She probably just needs some rest."

With that, the group climbed into the car, and headed to each of their home.

………

It's finally Monday again.

Moe's POV

In the middle of lunch break, Moe had become comfortable eating with her friends. Even though some people still eyed her curiously, she had learned to gradually ignore them.

"Hey Jay, those drinks you brought the other day were wild, dude!" Cake exclaimed. "They managed to get Ash drunk faster than usual," she added with a scoff in Ash's direction.

Ash rolled his eyes. "What's your problem, Cake? At least I can drink more than you."

"Bitch, I don't care about that," Cake retorted with a smirk. "All I care about is that I now have pictures of you in your drunken state. Perfect for blackmailing."

"WHAT? GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!" Ash shouted, lunging for Cake's phone.

Cake immediately stood up and darted away, laughing as Ash chased after her.

Moe chuckled at their antics, feeling more at ease with each passing day.

"Sorry, Moe, they're a bit crazy," Skye said, laughing at her friends.

"Hahaha, it's okay, it's fun being with you guys!" Moe replied cheerfully.

While both of them were chatting, Jay spoke up.

"Moe, are you engaged with any club?" Jay asked.

Moe nodded. "Yes, I'm the president of the book club. Why?"

"Nothing, just curious." Jay seemed satisfied with the answer and went quiet again.

Well, at least not all of them are extroverts like Skye, Ash, and Cake, Moe thought to herself.

Suddenly, Jay stood up and said, "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom, be back in a bit." He walked away from the canteen, leaving Skye and Moe alone.

They both continued their lunch. Moe couldn't say if she felt awkward or not, but she knew the air felt off.

So she decided to bring up what happened that night.

"Hey... Skye, that night—"

But before she could finish her sentence, Skye cut her off.

"Oh! I forgot!" Skye exclaimed, face-palming. "The teacher wants my help! They'll be back soon! You can wait for them, OK? Gotta go!" And with that, Skye rushed out of the canteen, leaving Moe sitting there, her words hanging in the air.

"Okay then..." Moe sighed.

Ding ding dong

The sound from the speakers echoed through the canteen, signaling an announcement.

"Attention students, to whoever is still interested in joining our school camping, you can get the application paper at the student council room as the school camping will be held early next month. Thank you."

Ding ding dong

"Camping..." she said in the most unexcited tone. "Ugh... Why did I agree to join?" Moe regretted her impulsive decision to join the camping trip just because Skye was going too.

Rubbing her temple in frustration, she decided to just accept it.

"Moe, it's okay. At least Skye is going to be there too," Moe said to reassure herself.

"Maybe this camping trip will bring us closer?" Moe murmured to herself, a blush creeping across her cheeks as she lightly tapped the table, overcome with shy anticipation.

THE END OF CHAPTER 8

Ps.  sorry if this chapter is boring, it's a short one.