Heartbeat (5)

Skye's Pov

They arrived at the location, a tall building that didn't particularly stand out among the others. Its exterior looked a bit disheveled, hinting at a lack of care.

"Why are we here?" Moe asked, worry creeping into her voice as they stood in front of what seemed like an abandoned building.

Skye noticed Moe's worried expression and chuckled softly, trying to reassure her.

"Moe, trust me. You're going to be surprised," Skye said with a smile, taking Moe's hand and leading her inside.

The elevator obviously didn't work, so they had to take the stairs. Skye had no problem walking up the flights; she was clearly fit and used to this kind of exertion.

Moe, on the other hand, was struggling.

"Ha... Ha... Are we... there yet?" Moe panted, gripping the rail for support and showing just how rarely she worked out.

"We're almost there!" Skye replied.

She didn't notice that Moe was struggling until she turned around. Moe looked like a fish out of water, panting heavily.

"Moe!" Skye rushed to her, helping her sit down to rest.

"Why didn't you say you were tired, Moe? Poor you, here." She handed her a water bottle with a concerned look.

Moe took a big gulp of water, finally able to breathe a bit better.

"Haa..., Well... I didn't want to stop you just because of me," Moe said, looking down, feeling a bit like a burden to Skye.

"Girl, if you faint, that would be a much bigger problem. Just say you're tired if you are, OK?" Skye tapped Moe's shoulder reassuringly.

Deciding it was best to rest a bit before continuing, Skye made sure Moe recovered enough or else Moe could've die from exhaustion.

After a long walk, they finally arrived at the top of the building. Before they could go near the edge, Skye decided to make Moe close her eyes as she guided her to the side.

Standing near the guardrail, Skye exclaimed excitedly, "OK, open your eyes now!"

Moe's eyes flickered open, and her jaw dropped. You could see the entire city from up here.

The whole night view was incredible, with twinkling lights stretching as far as the eye could see. It was mesmerizing.

"Woah..." Moe was speechless.

"Pretty amazing, huh?" Skye said, raising her eyebrows.

"I didn't know there was a place where you could see the city like this," Moe said, awestruck.

"Well, it's my secret place," Skye stated with a proud smile.

"The only place I can let go of my worries and stress.., The only place.. I can truly be myself." Skye said, gazing at the view.

Moe was a bit confused as to why Skye had brought her here, especially since it was supposed to be Skye's secret place.

"Then... why are you bringing me here? You said this place is a secret," Moe asked with curiosity.

"To be honest, I don't even know myself. It just... felt right bringing you here, you know?" Skye turned her head and looked into Moe's eyes gently.

Moe's heart raced after Skye's statement but she decided to keep a straight face.

"Can I ask why?" Moe asked calmly, looking into Skye's eyes with genuine curiosity.

"I don't know... I'm not usually like this with people I'm not really close with.."