Chapter 6

Nash's POV:
I ran through the door and right into..... Kay?
"Kay! What are you doing here?" I said frazzled. "No I mean there was a note and you were gone and..... I sound crazy!"
She laughed and I looked at her.
"A little bit but I say we go inside you settle down and tell me what happened."
We walked back in and I looked to the fridge and the note was there.
Kay picked it up, read it and walked over to the couch sitting down.
"He playing with us. He knows how uptight we both are. One thing will set either of us off." She said sadly. "This is probably only the first of many."
I put my arm around her reassuringly. "Don't worry. We can get through this together." I said as she leaned her head on my shoulder.
Just then Alyss and Jack came bursting in.
"We saw him! Mike! He was leaving the hotel! He knows we're here!" She said panic in her voice.
Even though she had just met Kay she has looked after her for years. She can't lose Kay now. She's all Alyss has left.
"But don't worry we're on the evening flight to North Carolina so we're going home." Jack said and Kay sat up a little straighter.
We all spent the rest of the day together not wanting to be alone after this mornings sighting.
Around four Jack had us all pack and we took a cab from the hotel to the airport.
We all climbed on the plane and took off by seven. Kay fell asleep on my shoulder and I sat there enjoying her protection.
Sometimes I feel like the most cliche man on the earth but she does mean more to me than most people can understand.
We landed and finally made it back to my house. We had dropped Alyss and Jack off at their houses and we headed back to mine.
I gave Kay a kiss goodnight and turned the light off feeling her snuggle up against me.
For now all is well enough.
That morning we awoke to Skylnn, my little sister, jumping on us waking the both of us up.
Kay and Sky we're thrilled to see each other and spent most of the morning in Sky's room probably playing horsies.
My mom and dad were happy to see us both and thankfully they both seemed to like Kay.
We Skyed Jack and Alyss saying making sure we were all ok.
"Your family is so nice" Kay said as she was laying on the couch in the guest room where we were staying.
"I think they like you. I know Sky does. And Hayes has always liked you." I added.
"But what about your parents? Do they like me?" She asked.
"Well...." I said.
"Really?! They don't like me?" She asked looking horrified.
"No no! Of course they like you!" I said smiling at her as she shot daggers at me.
"So what are we going to do? After all this craziness is over." Kay asked staring up at the ceiling.
"Settle down and have a normal life. Finish college, marry you, have a family. Don't worry I've got it all planned out." I said reassuringly.
"Marry me? You like me that much?" She asked.
It made me sad because she sounded surprised. She shouldn't be.
"Kay I love you to the moon and back again. Of course I want to marry you. And I know just how I'm going to do it too." I said confidently.
"Oh yeah? And how is that?" She asked looking up at me.
"Well if I told you it wouldn't be as special. But if I asked, would you say yes?" I asked nervously.
she laughed and that made me nervous.
"You probably wouldn't get the full question out before I said yes." She said smiling up at me.
I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled back down.
I leaned down and was kissing her when my mom called for dinner.
"That's our que!" Kay said getting up.
Dinner was the most fun I've seen this family have in a long time! Kay was so interactive with everyone.
She made Hayes look at me nodding in approval, she made my dad laugh with her stories, she made my mom glow with joy, and she made Skylnn love carrots which nobody could do!
She made everyone fall in love with her like I did and it was great to watch. Everything was alright for now. Everything was good.