Chapter 9

I woke up in a different house. Not knowing whose it was I turned around only to be stopped by something around my waist. I looked over and saw Nash asleep with his arm around me.
To be honest I didn't want to move so I just snuggled closer and drifted off again.

"Hey.... Hey sleepy head wake up." Nash said gently shaking my shoulder.
"Mmmm what time is it?" I asked foggily.
"Time for us to get moving again." Nash said pecking my cheek and getting up.
The absence of warmth next to me made me shiver.

As I looked around I realized we were in a motel and Nash explains that he was really tired and I had already fallen asleep so he pulled in here for the night.
"We need to hurry. My family is expecting us for lunch. Oh!" He said turning around to face me.
"I believe this belongs to you." He said clasping my St. Bridget's necklace around my neck.
"You found it!" I gushed holding the familiar charm in my fingers.
"Did you ever doubt me?" He asked cheekily.

The car ride back to the Grier house was full of bad singing to any song on the radio.
"Americas got talent here we come!" I yelled over the booming music.
We pulled into their neighborhood and up to their house.
"Hey you two. How was the Galla?" Hayes asked. He was shooting hoops outside while Sky played with her horses on the lawn.
"Good. Lots of paintings and old people who smelled bad" Nash said.
Just then my phone rang. Oh no.
"Nash I'm going to take this. Be right back." I said walking away quickly.

I hit the answer button and my hand shook as I held it up to my ear.
"That was a lovely display you put on last night dearie." A low voice said through the phone.
"Yeah! Especially since the boy in question was supposed to be with you? That's why I agreed to turn myself in. I was going to do it too. That was until I ran off a treadmill at a hotel because someone trashed my-" an evil cackle rang across the line.
"And who, lovely, do you think trashed your hotel room?"
My voice caught in my throat. "I'm done. Nash and I. We're done. Done with the games, done with the fear, done being your little pawns you play around whenever you feel bored. The next time you call me. I'll report you to the police. And this time, I'll make sure the charges ensure you never come out again." I spat into the phone.
"Oh please dear! Don't think of yourself as a pawn! If anything you're the queen. Whom ever gets you first wins." And with that the line went dead.

Authors note------

Hey guys!! I know I haven't updated in FOREVER but I was contemplating removing the story all together. I'm glad I didn't and will be updating as often as I can.  Also good luck to anyone starting school this week. Hope this makes it a little easier.

Thanks loves!

Don't forget to vote and comment! <3