Chapter 8

We walked in to the big house. It was already crowded with other party guests and friends.
Very good art pieces were hanging on the walls everywhere you looked.
"I wonder who he stole those from." Nash whispered as I tried to hold down a laugh.
All in all it looked pretty legitimate. There was a bar where you could order drinks and food. We went and both ordered something small.
I was talking with another woman who we met at the bar. Her name was Sarah and she was telling us how she knew Mike.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around expecting to see Nash but instead I met hard green eyes.
"Hello my dear! So glad you could make it!" He said smiling at me.
A chill went down my spine and I shook Mikes hand off of my shoulder.
Nash came up behind me protectively putting an arm around me.
"Mike. Good to see you again." He said in a strained voice.
He nodded still grinning. "Walk with me." He said as he strode away.
Nash and I followed him to a less crowded hallway where there wasn't so much light.
He turned around smiling. "Aren't you happy to see me?" He said lightly as if he hadn't kidnapped me. Twice.
"Oh please. It's taking every inch of me not to kill you right here." Nash spat at him and I looked up at his blue eyes set on a hard stare at Mike. I have a very protective boyfriend.
"I have to admit Nash that hurt a little bit. Seeing I've known you for so long." He said his smile turning evil.
"What does he mean so long?" I asked turning to Nash.
"A long time ago, I was dating this girl. And we went..." He started when Mike interrupted him, "what was her name Nash?"
"That's not important. Anyway. We were dating for awhile and she was alright. She was the first girl I met who liked some of the same things I did. One night we went to this huge costume party. Half way through the night I couldn't find her. She had disappeared. Long story short Mike kidnapped her. He told me to come and get her if I wanted her to be safe. I went to the house and was close when my brother called saying there was a man outside our house so I went home thinking I would have enough time. By the time I could book another flight I had already gotten a call saying Mike had killed her." He said. His eyes grew distant as if remembering an extremely painful memory.
"Oh poo. I'm sorry Nash! I know she had a thing for you." He said with an evil smile.
Just then Nash lunged forward at Mike tackling him to the ground.
It took all of my strength to pull him off and he looked at me.
"Do you know how much it hurt to watch the files on the news. And her parents constantly asking me if I knew where she was. And not having the heart to tell them that this random guy we had never seen before killed her?"
I placed my hand on his shoulder. "That doesn't matter now. What matters is that you move on and don't let it haunt you any more. There is nothing you could've done. I promise you." He looked at me and smiled greatfully.
Mike walked forward to reach for my arm when I punched him in the stomach.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that!" I said happily.
Nash and I ran from the house into Nash's car and drove away.
The last thing I remember is the radio on and Nash's hand in mine.