Types of Energies

Orbs: Orbs are a manifestation of spirits, ghosts and pretty much any type of energy. Most of the time they show up as certain colors in a round ball which is why they're called orbs:

Mists: Mists are what they are...Mists. They show up almost as a strange smoke or fog. Remember, if you catch this to make sure there are no candles, incense, sage, cigarettes burning since most mistaken them for spirit mists.

Shadows: A shadow spirit is not always negative. It could just be a soul snooping around or just simply how they manifest. Although more commonly with ghosts and demons. Make sure however what you catch is something like this and not an object or you standing in a light. Sometimes cars glares can cause these if you live near a road. 

Apparitions: Are what every paranormal investigators aim for. They are what ghost hunters call, "the holy grail of evidence" and it's very rare. It's basically where a spirit, ghost, angels, etc., appear in full form on videos and cameras. A famous apparition would be the brown lady. You can pictures of her on Google if you type in 'The Brown Lady of Raynham Hall'.

Poltergeists: Unlike the movie, poltergeist ghosts are dangerous and should be taken seriously. Although they're rare and most people think that just because they move things that it equals they have a poltergeist and that's not true. Just because a spirit can move things doesn't always mean they can be a poltergeists. What a poltergeist is, is a ghost, demon, or entity that is able to move things through the EMF (Electro Magnetic Field). They basically gather enough energy through electronics or us to throw things, knock on doors, scratch you, pick you up off your feet, create loud footsteps, create UN-explained wind/cold air in house, voices, and noises. Most of them just want attention and just to be ignored, but some are not to be messed with and should be removed. It's hard to find a good video of a poltergeist these days since in some videos or audios people can be simply pulling strings. You can tell a fake from the angle of the video. If the video shows objects being pulled on just one side like all objects are being thrown to the left, then you will know that someone could be doing it.