Part 11 :Undercover Mission -01

It's my second time in disguise. First time I did it to go though my plans. But this time I am doing this to save someone. Someone who is not that important but special. After thinking the whole night, one thing is totally clear to me. I can't trust Haruki, I can't trust the novel's story, I can't trust anything so easily. According to the novel, it should be Hayato who should try to kill me. But it becomes opposite. Haruki tried to kill me.But why? Is he the reason behind Mizuki Sakura's absence? Everything becomes a mess to me. But I am pretty sure he will try to do something worse in Hayato's king celebration Ceremony. Haruki, you played enough. It's my turn.

The palace was buzzing with activity. Lady Choi was busy, overseeing the royal servants.She is the head of royal servants today. It is a golden opportunity. I managed to slip past the guards Lady Choi arranged for my safety, donning a royal army uniform and covering my face.

"It's time to shine, Sakura!"

As I passed through my hall safely, someone grabbed me from behind. I turned around in fear. It's Hinata. I had completely forgotten about her.

"Your highness, I caught you," Hinata said confidently.

"I'm not her highness, I'm a royal guard. What are you doing, young lady?" I said, attempting a manly tone.

"Your highness, you can't fool me. Lady Choi knows you're up to something. That's why she sent me."

"Fine, you caught me. But I'm not going back. Today is my mission, and I must fulfill it."

"Your highness, I heard what happened yesterday. It's not safe to go out alone, especially in disguise. Last time, you fought with a thief. I can't leave you alone," Hinata insisted.

"Hinata, I have to go. It's important. Haruki is in danger."

"His highness is in danger?" Hinata asked, fear in her eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure someone will try to harm him today."

"Who? How do you know this? it's so scary."

"Hinata, I don't have time to explain. I'll explain later," I said, walking away.

"Your highness," Hinata called out.

"Yes?" I turned back.

"I can't leave you alone. I will come with you."

"Hinata, it's a dangerous mission. I can't take you."

"But it's my duty to serve you until my last day."

I am amazed by her loyalty but I can't cause trouble for her. I shouted, "I can't, Hinata. It's my duty to protect you and our kingdom as the future queen."

"Please, your highness. I just want to stay with you."

Smiling, I relented. "I know you won't leave until I agree. Come on."

"Really?"

"Yes, but don't call me 'your highness' while we're on the mission."

"Okay, your highness."

"Again?"

"S-sorry."

Hinata went inside to change her clothes and soon returned.

"Oh, our little agent is ready," I teased, making her blush.

"You know, you're different from my friend Hinata. We used to have fun in disguises too. If you met her, she'd be shocked."

Hinata nodded, confused about what she's saying

"Okay, let's go."

We are walking towards the ceremony hall. I hope we won't get into any trouble again. It's too crowdy. Full of armies and royal peoples. I don't even know them.

As we are looking for the entrance, suddenly my eyes glanced over Hayato's and our eyes met. I feel like the time has stopped. He's in a red traditional dress.He has adorned in a splendid red kimono, the rich, vibrant hue symbolizing both his nobility and strength. The kimono was intricately embroidered with golden threads, depicting dragons and phoenixes, signifying power. His sharp jawline, deep beautiful eyes, everything is so Impressive. I can't describe it in words.It's so mesmerising.

"Hey, you! Why are you standing there? We have work to do!" an arrogant guard shouted, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

Hinata and I entered the ceremony. We were supposed to act as guards, but I need to talk to Hayato. He seems busy, and I am in disguise, so I stood in a corner, scanning the crowd. Hinata is right behind me.

Haruki entered with his usual charm, but only I know his true nature. I noticed Hinata staring at Haruki, seemingly lost in thoughts.Who knows what's going on in her mind?

The ceremony began smoothly . Everything is going well until now. The old king crowned Hayato. The golden crown rested atop his head. He is looking like a PROPER KING. SO ATTRACTIVE... (↑ She just can't stop staring at him)Suddenly, a poisonous arrow was shot at Hayato. The shooter was right beside me,covering his face. I was about to scream, but Hayato caught the arrow with his hand. The crowd is shocked, and the royal guards began searching for the culprit. The palace buzzed with whispers.

An army guard called Hinata outside. I noticed Haruki walking towards me. I knew he is behind everything. He grabbed my wrist gently and led me outside.

"My queen, I knew you would come today."

"Haruki, why do you always cause trouble?"

"Today, I'll make sure you won't be in trouble again."

"What do you mean?"

Haruki drew a sharp knife, his eyes glinting with a dangerous resolve as he moved to stab me. I braced myself for the impact, but before he could strike, a sharp whistle pierced the air. An arrow, swift and precise, embedded itself into Haruki's chest.His eyes widened in shock and pain as he staggered back, the knife slipping from his grasp. The bustling crowd around us, too engrossed in the ceremony, remained oblivious to the sudden violence. I watched, frozen for a split second, as Haruki crumpled to the ground, clutching the arrow.My heart pounded in my chest as I scanned the area, desperate to spot the archer. Just then, Hinata appeared beside me, her face pale with shock.

"Hinata, we need to move him somewhere private. Quickly, before anyone notices," I urged, my voice trembling with urgency.