part 4 : Tsubaki

(Next morning)

I wake up, rubbing my eyes. I didn't sleep well at all last night. Dark circles might show up, but I've never cared much about beauty anyway.

Choi:Your Highness, are you awake?

Me: Yes, Madame Choi. You look exhausted.

Choi:It's just...you've made my life exhausting. (mumbling)

Me: Did you say something?

Choi: No, nothing. I wanted to tell you that Prince Haruki wants to meet you.

Me: W-wait, Haruki? (happy)

Choi: Yes.

*(It's good that I didn't even have to work hard. He came by himself.)*

Me:When did he want to meet?

Choi:Now.

Me:Now?

Choi: Yes.

**After getting ready:**

Choi: Shall I call him inside?

Me: Oh, my face...does it look okay?

Choi:Y-yes, Your Highness.

Me: Call him then.

(It's true that I won't fall for the male lead, but I have to make the male lead fall for me.)*

Haruki enters.

Haruki: Greetings, Your Highness.

Me: Please, have a seat.

Haruki: Sure.

*(I smile a bit, even if it's a fake smile. I have to continue it.)*

Haruki:How are you, Your Highness?

Me: I am very well. How are you?

*(Lady Choi and others are looking at me like they've seen a ghost. It's the first time they've seen me acting gentle and calm. Choi is giving me a puppy look. I try to continue the conversation.)*

Haruki: I am fine too. I've heard you have a memory loss. Is that true?

*(Isn't it a bit cringy to ask about an illness like that? He's as stupid as his brother. Whatever, I'm not even sick.)*

Me: Well, yes.

Haruki:I feel so sad for you.

Me:It's okay. Umm...would you like some jasmine tea?

Haruki: No, I'm just here to visit you.

Me:To visit me? (Is he already falling for me?)

Haruki: Yes. I saw you, so I'm leaving now.

Me:(nods)

Haruki leaves.

*(Haruki is very handsome, but I don't feel any affection towards him. It's awkward, but I have to admit that the feelings I felt when I met hayato for the first time are totally different when it comes to Haruki)

Haruki is walking. Suddenly, a girl bumps into him. She falls, but he catches her.

Haruki: Are you okay?

Hinata: Yes, I'm so sorry, Your Highness.

Haruki: You should be more careful. Why were you running?

Hinata: I went to bring this paper and pen for the queen-to-be. I am her royal servant.

Haruki: What will the queen do with this? Most girls in the palace don't know how to read and write.

Hinata: Our queen is different. She can do many things. She seems crazy sometimes, but she knows what she's doing.