kiyoko and a pretty girl

Every hallway looked the same to y/n as she'd been roaming the crowded halls for a good 15 minutes, looking for the club board.

"Pass by classroom 3-A, turn right and the board will be on the left side." She repeated to herself. The administration's office gave her instructions on where to find the vital areas at school since it was her first day.

Classroom 3-A was finally in view and so she turned right.

The board was full of flyers and adverts and she scanned the wall until she saw that word, 'volleyball'.

'New volleyball manager needed!'

Slightly tempted, she picked up the flyer off the wall. A new manager was needed for the boys' volleyball club, which meant she didn't actually have to play, but she'd still be involved in what used to be her favorite sport - no, her favorite thing to do.

She sighed as she pinned it back to the board. 'Maybe once I get used to this school, I'll join that club - or do anything volleyball-related again.' She thought to herself.

She turned to keep walking forward - in an attempt to find the cafeteria but bumped into someone instead.

"Sorry," a girl said in a soft, quiet voice. "Were you looking at our flyer?" She pushed her glasses back to her face.

Her face was in full view and y/n could see her curious expression more clearly. 'She's very pretty, but her beauty is slightly intimidating.'

"Uh.. the volleyball one?" Y/n finally let out after admiring her features.

The girl nodded in response.

"I'm looking to join a club, but it's my first day here so maybe I'll come back to this," y/n said as she looked back at the inviting flyer.

"Please," the girl cupped y/n's hands with hers and the touch startled y/n, "I'll take you to the club after school so you can see if it's the right fit." There was a change in her tone. It was very eager now - almost desperate.

Y/n was curious and the girl with glasses had a face that was difficult to say no to. "S-sure." Y/n caved. 'What's the harm in just checking out the club?'

"I'll meet you here when school finishes and I'll take you."

"Okay, but could you show me the cafeteria? I still don't know where it is." Y/n muttered shyly.

The girl let out a soft giggle, "sure." She gestured for the two of them to move in the right direction and they walked together.

"What's your name?"

"Shimizu Kiyoko." she gave a gentle smile. She matched her pretty name.

"I'm L/N Y/N."

"It's your first day. Are you from Miyagi?" Kiyoko asked y/n as they turned right into another long hallway that cut through an outside courtyard.

"Yeah, I transferred from Shiratorizawa. I'm a second year."

Kiyoko perked after hearing that school. "Oh." She turned to y/n, genuinely curious. "Why did you transfer here?" She waited for y/n's response as it took her longer than usual to reply. "Wait - you don't need to tell me!" She put her hands up, waving her palms she brushed off her question. She looked like she was flustered as if she pried too much.

"I, uh... to move closer to my grandparents." She blurted. 'Liar. You wanted to move to a school that wasn't so invested in volleyball. You've heard of Karasuno. They used to be a powerhouse, but now they're just an average team.'