training camp: tokyo date

disclaimer

a bit of a longer chapter!

karasuno gc at the end hehe

────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

8 AM

He looks at his his phone.

'2 hours before team training starts.'

Since it's Thursday, teams need to complete a conditioning session, and then everyone is free to do whatever they please from 12 pm - as long as they return to their dorms by 9 pm.

He makes his way to the Shinzen High stairs. No one else from his team wants to join him on his run as they'll be conditioning later. He amounts this to them being lazy, but he, the number one high school setter in Japan, can't afford to be lazy.

He can't and won't half-ass his way to eventually - and hopefully, become the starting setter for his nation.

Whilst stretching, he notices a girl running up and down the Shinzen stairs, their head bobbing in and out of sight.

'They got here earlier and beat me to it.'

He continues to watch her as he stretches. Then she stops to take a breather. Only when she's stopped does he realize that it's you.

You've just finished your warm-up. Now it's time to follow the running route that Shinzen High kindly provided.

You start the route. Atsumu doesn't follow, just yet.

He's still stretching, which he lost his focus on due to quietly watching you, again. He doesn't know if you genuinely didn't see him or if you were ignoring him.

But that doesn't matter right now. He puts his earphones in and starts his running playlist. Justin Bieber, his favorite. But it also has a few other popular pop and rap songs, but mostly Justin.

He lightly jogs down the Shinzen stairs, not wanting to cause an injury, until he notices a figure flash by on his left side. The figure passes Atsumu, which urges him to speed up.

'This kid tryna race me or what?'

Atsumu catches up to the figure by the time they reach the bottom of the stairs. They start the route and the figure finally notices and acknowledges Atsumu, who's running side by side with him.

'That's Karasuno's first-year setter.'

Kageyama gives Atsumu a little nod as if to say hello, then quickly zooms past the second-year.

However, Atsumu sees this as a challenge.

Atsumu tries to keep up with the first-year but his speed and stamina don't compare to Kageyama's. He settles with running at his own pace and he can see Kageyama in the distance, who is slowing down.

Kageyama slows before reaching you. You eventually hear the sound of his footsteps and you offer to jog with him, but he shakes his head and continues to run behind you. He stays behind the whole route, but never too close to the point where you feel suffocated.

However, you never notice Atsumu, who keeps his distance from the two of you. He realizes that Kageyama slowed his pace ever since reaching you. He could tell that the first-year was slacking, and definitely could've outrun you, but he didn't.

'The bastard's either a creep... Or he has a little crush on her. Interesting.'

11:30 AM