operation H.E.L.P

The four of them ran deep into the woods, crashing through sharp twigs and thorny leaves that left cuts on their arms and hands. Eventually, they were forced to stop, panting and exhausted. "I feel like I'm going to throw up if I run any more," Bill managed weakly, doubled over with his hands on his knees. Gustav looked at Bill with concern, breathing heavily. "You okay, Bill?" he asked after catching his breath. Bill took a moment before nodding weakly.

Georg scanned their surroundings and noticed a camp in the distance, likely used by hikers for rest. It appeared deserted. "Guys, look over there," Georg pointed out, drawing their attention to the camp. Tom crossed his arms, his expression skeptical. "How convenient," he muttered sarcastically.

"THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO BE JOKING! DIDN'T YOU SEE THOSE MONSTERS TEN MINUTES AGO?" Bill shouted, his voice strained from the exertion. They exchanged tense glances, the reality of their situation sinking in. Georg was the one to break the silence. "Bill is right...we need to take this seriously. But right now, let's just go to the camp and relax a bit." Georg directed, walking over to the camp. The three following close behind.

___________________________________________

Bill sat wearily on a log, the crackling fire offering a flickering respite in the darkening woods. They were all tired and hungry, having not eaten since breakfast. Gustav returned with more sticks for the fire, his face illuminated by the dancing flames.

Georg looked up from his seat on another log across from Bill, a hint of admiration in his voice. "Who knew Gustav could make a fire?" He smiled warmly.

Gustav shrugged modestly as he settled down next to Georg. "Logical thinking, I suppose," he mumbled, his gaze fixed on the mesmerizing hues of the fire.

Tom sat beside Gustav, silent but observant, as they all huddled closer to the warmth, the eerie silence of the night broken only by the crackling of the flames and the distant sounds of the forest.

"So... should we talk about it or..." Gustav began tentatively.

Tom cut in, his voice grave. "There were literal zombies... brain-eating zombies," he stated matter-of-factly, causing Bill to tear his gaze away from the fire to look at Tom.

"Don't say that. Zombies aren't real!" Bill exclaimed, his fear palpable.

Tom turned to face his brother squarely. "Then what do you think it was?" he asked sharply, eyebrows furrowed in stress, mirroring the tension that gripped all three of them in this dire situation. Bill remained silent, staring into the crackling fire. Georg let out a heavy sigh. "But how are they real? What could have possibly caused zombies to suddenly exist? Why are they here, and what do they want?" he asked, his voice tinged with confusion and concern.

Gustav looked down at his lap, deep in thought. "Do you think someone could be responsible for this? Like... a person?" he wondered aloud.

Tom crossed his arms tightly. "It must be someone, because they can't just appear out of nowhere!" he exclaimed, frustration evident in his tone.

The fire continued to dance, casting eerie shadows around them. "Why would anyone create such monsters?" Bill murmured, feeling his eyelids grow heavy with fatigue. Tom noticed the exhaustion shared among them all, feeling it himself. Georg was the first to address it, gazing up at the darkening sky where stars began to twinkle above them.

"We should rest," Georg suggested, pausing briefly. "Tomorrow morning, we'll head to the tour bus for food." The others nodded in agreement. "Let's get into the tents," Gustav added. Eventually, they all retreated to their tents, their bodies finally succumbing to the need for sleep.