36: It Wasn't That Hard

Reich blinked quietly as he glanced around his room for a moment. It wasn't every day he got to bathe, but when he did he always took advantage of the moment.

Silently he looked around his vanity as he took and hid whatever he could in his sleeves or in his fists. Whenever the maid would leave he would have to grab something.

His eyes silently glanced towards the barely noticeable bag that was under the bed. It was stuffed with gold and whatever gems and jewels he could find. He was lucky that he hadn't been caught smuggling these things.

None of the maids had noticed anything yet. The guards never entered his room, and rarely did Soviet now- unless he wanted to let off some steam of course.

Reich sighed as he kept glancing towards the door, watching for any suspicious eyes. His goal was to scoot as much jewelry as he could towards where he was chained every day.

Soviet had a preference for him to be clean, so usually after the man had beaten the living crap out of him he could get a bath. Though he would not let his sore body ruin his make-shift plan.

Right now he was just collecting things.. He was smart enough to get that gold under his bed early on. Before things had gotten even worse.

His expression dropped as he watched the maid come back to finish helping him dress, before he was left alone again. Though at least he got fed this time.

As the drenching hours of the day went on, Reich sat alone tiredly. Exhausted mentally and physically wanting to stand and move around- and just do something.

With his foot he could barely reach for the bag under his bed, though it took him a moment he eventually pulled it towards himself. Only doing so after he couldn't hear any more footsteps outside his door.

All of his senses had really shot up in sensitivity since this had started. He could hear things more, and practically sense people's presence before they even knocked on the door.

Eventually he got all of the jewelry he could reach from his desk into the bag. It was a little heavy but he could carry it. He would have to carry it.

As the time ticked on he had scooted the bag back into its hiding space, before he was stuck sitting alone again.

He could only assume Soviet would be back tonight, though he wasn't sure if he was ready to act on his plan again. Though then again, would he ever really be ready too?

Deep down of course he was scared too. There was so much that could go wrong. But he had been sitting here for far too long. He couldn't do this anymore.

After three months of this crap he knew he would not be able to handle a fourth. Not with the constant noises and whispering he could hear. Not with Soviet's loud and ruthless behavior, or his father-in-laws odd voice that he'd find every once in a while, and nor with that disgusting Moscow's laughter that he could hear passing by, taunting him with every breathing moment.

He had no idea what condition his kids were in right now. Goodness they might as well be dead.

Reich wanted to rub his face but with his arms tied behind his back he couldn't. He tried to avoid biting his lip as he glanced towards the windows. He could see the day slowly slipping away, hour by hour as it went.

He kept telling himself that if Soviet showed up tonight he'd act on his plan. He had to, he has been stalling for far too long now.

With that thought in mind Reich forced himself to move over. Not directly onto his side, but enough for him to tug on the drapes over shoulders a bit. Not too much, just a little bit...