The Perfect Stranger

By the thrid time Fantasia saw the red Mercedes-Benz in her rear view mirror, she thought it a mere coincidence

By the thrid time Fantasia saw the red Mercedes-Benz in her rear view mirror, she thought it a mere coincidence. The four time she saw Mercedes, she thought that it was just another car traveling east, among a plethora of other vehicles. And then she saw it a forth time, and then a fifth. It was deliberately trying to keep its distance, trying not to be noticed, trying to blend in with other cars on the highway. But she noticed it. And now she suspected that she was being followed. Why the fuck are they following me.

She pushed the gas, only to see the Benz increase its speed. When she slowed down it slowed down. And now she was about to conduct the ultimate test. She was about to exit the highway and hit a backroad. If the Benz copied she would definitely have her answer.

Being followed on a regular is one thing but being followed when you had bank of dope money and drugs in the backseat of your car is something else entirely. Maybe it's twelve undercover or maybe it's a opp. Niggas will kill for less. And niggas had went hard in the paint to get paid. But this, this would be an easy lick for anybody.

Tasia hit her signal, slid over into the exit lane, and left the highway. Her eyes were locked to her rearview. The Benz didn't take the exit. Relief settled in but she kept her head on a swivel down the back road. Fuck that shit is crazy.

Tasia pulled up to a gas station she got out her BMW, hit her alarm so that her car would lock and strolled into the store.

"Welcome in , May I help you ma'am" the store clerk asked rudely.

Tasia didn't pay dude no mind. "No Kari we don't have enough for that right now." A voice sounded off behind her.

Tasia turned in the direction from which the voice had come. When Tasia saw her, she recognized her instantly. Although she didn't know her name, and couldn't place her face, she knew that she looked familiar though.

"Baby please just listen we'll get it tomorrow I promise just not right now."

Tasia couldn't help but to overhear the boy's cry and the frustration in the woman's voice and it sort of bothered her.

"Hey I can get it and lemme get that box of them Russian cream backwoods."

"Thank you but you didn't have to do that."
    Tasia smiled at her. "I know I didn't but I did."
Tasia's smile was infectious. It may the woman crack a slight smile.

"You right, say thank you Bakari." The woman told him.

"Thank you ma'am."

"You know what little man if it's cool with mama you can get whatever else you want."

The little boy looked up at his mom and she smiled and nodded her head and he ran off.