Part 2 For The Love Of Money

"Yes, bih they said his face was fucked up and some mo shit." Alicia told Taraji lacing her in on the tea about Terrence that's been going around with his incident last night at the club.

"Ugh that's just fucking sad." Taraji said shaking her head over the phone.

"Girl, I know you not feeling bad for that bitch ass nigga."

"No, fuck no it's sad because he's a grown ass man getting his ass beat more so embarrassing, but he deserves every hit." She said making herself very clear. "But are you going to— MAN WHAT THE FUCK—"

After screaming at the top of her lungs Taraji clamped her mouth shut, her heart was racing and she was trying her best to slow down her heavy breathing. As she narrowed her eyes at a the blue corvette that sped off in the distant down the highway. The car was clean as fuck, with an expensive paint job that not only caught the rays of the sun and made it sparkle, but it also caught the attention of every single person around. But what, stopped her from speaking and to yelling wasn't the car, it was the fact that the driver almost ran her off the road.

Taraji stopped the car immediately after off to the side, just to breathe as her life just flashed before her eyes. "Raji what the fuck just happened?!" Alicia shouted over the phone.
"Some —-dumb mothafucka almost—- ran me off the road!" Taraji was hysterical and could barely get a word out.

"What the fuck, Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good, that shit just scared the fuck outta me. I need to hurry up and get my ass back home."

"Yes, you do like right now. I fucking hate the way people drive out here."

Taraji started the car back up and merged back onto the highway, "I text you when I get home." She told Alicia.

"Okay, be safe love you."

"Shi I'll try, love you too."

On her way back home Taraji called Tasia a number of three times and got no answer, even text. Since she became a lot more calmer she decided to go with her first plan before the bullshit and continue on with her errands, the whole reason she was even up so early out and about. Surprisedly, she spotted the car that almost ran her off the road again but just a few cars ahead her. She sighs in annoyance and bent the corner to head towards the notorious Lakewood neighborhood, where she'd grown up. Taraji dream was to finish school and make enough money so that she could move her parents out the hood.

But for some reason her parents wanted to stay loyal to their home and neighborhood, but she made sure she'll send them money or take it to them every 2 months and today was one of them days.

Taraji parked the car on the street and stepped out getting blinded by the morning sun. She waved at an older woman who was sitting out on her porch reading the newspaper and watering the grass at the same time. She lived there as long as Taraji could remember. Everybody in the hood knew about Ms. Honey she always had the snacks and ran a daycare out her house for the neighborhood parents who were too busy to take them across town but had enough money to pay her every month.

The hood was pretty much the same, surprisingly gentrification didn't take over just yet 80% of the original families still remained. Only difference was that it was now ran by Bloods. Growing up bloods couldn't dare step foot in the hood.