16 || all mine

Mateo ⋆。°✩

"What are we?" she shyly asked me in a whisper, and glanced around the room.

She was unable to meet my gaze directly.

I softly lifted her chin, forcing eye contact with her. Her large, dejected green eyes were finally aimed in my direction as i couldn't help but stare at her soft pink lips.

"You know what we are, you just want to hear me say it." i whispered and she let out a little smile, that's what i need.

I got close enough to touch her nose with mine, i put my palm on her face and gently rubbed it with my thumb, while keeping my eyes fixed on her lips.

I gently kissed her tiny nose, and then placed my lips on hers. Our lips synced perfectly with each other and i drew her closer to me. I need more of her.

I softly placed my hand on her waist as she ran her fingers through my hair, and i could smell her scent as we kissed.

I gently raised my other hand and wrapped it around her warm neck.

She looks beautiful, even with her messy hair and slightly sleepy, anxious eyes that have dark tint surrounding them. I can't deny it for any longer. I want her, i need her.

She's the sweetest thing i've ever tasted. Her lips are warm, so warm it feels as if my entire body is melting onto her.

For a moment, i deeply wished that this moment would last forever, and we'd remain in each other's warm presence for an eternity.

She slowly pulled away out of exhaustion, and we both panted while trying to catch our breaths.

I'm scared as hell to want her.

But here i am, wanting her anyway.

"Emmalyn," i sternly said, prepared to let it all out.

"Before i met you, i never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. I never planned to have you on my mind this often but fuck, you give me a feeling i can't put into words." i paused and put my hand on hers, interlinking our fingers.

"Emma, will you please be mine?" I finally worked up the nerve to ask.

Shortly after, i noticed happy tears welling up in her sparkling eyes. She quickly smiled to cover them and carefully pulled me in by my t-shirt's collar.

She gave me a kiss while holding my hand firmly in hers, allowing me to feel her soft, pink lips.

That's my answer.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

Even though i haven't seen Mateo in only a few hours, i've already missed him a ton.

Soon after, i had to leave his room because he had to go through several check ups with the doctors.

I was informed earlier by another doctor that some other investigators would be visiting my room to do a final round of questioning. It's wrong and sick, in my opinion.

I've already spoken with many police officers and other investigators on this case, and it only makes me constantly recall what happened that day.

Every time i'm done answering their sick and detailed questions, i promptly end up running and throwing up in the bathroom.

The images in my head are haunting me; I can't get them out of my mind.

Knowing that i'm probably to blame for many people's deaths keeps me from eating or sleeping. Every time i eat i either throw it up or my heart feels heavy, full of guilt.

I've lost much weight, and i have noticeable dark bags beneath my eyes. As if i didn't look awful enough.

I'm trying to make an effort of focusing on Mateo since being around him makes me feel like a human being.

I feel as if someone genuinely loves me and cares for me. I'm not sure how good of a girlfriend i will be, but i'm really trying to be the best version of myself whenever i'm around him.

Now i am his and he's mine.

Wanting to feel wanted is the loneliest feeling in the world, and i'm so glad who makes loving me seem just as simple as breathing oxygen. I would surely die if it meant being held by him and experiencing the comforting feeling he gives me.

After a while, i find myself back in the waiting area, awaiting my call to enter Mateo's room.

"Emmalyn Ansley." the same woman who called out the previous time interrupted as i was thinking.

Without hesitation this time, i got up and opened his room's door.

"Hi baby," he muttered as soon as he realised it was me, and i blushed. He moved to the side of his bed, giving me half of his space while i sat on the edge, giving him the majority so he could relax and recover quicker.

"Hey," i said with a smile, taking his cold hand and warming it with mine.

"Oh, where are your clothes?" Oh. I looked down at the hospital gown i had to wear since my other clothes were covered in blood and horrifying memories.

"They're covered in blood." I forced out, trying to avoid the subject at all costs. I haven't told anyone about my dream, and i'm honestly scared to.

"Hasn't your dad or anyone bring you new, clean ones?" he questioned, i looked down embarrassed and shook my head 'no'.

He gave me a sad smile and handed me a black hoodie and some grey sweatpants that were folded in a suitcase by his bed.
Then, he closed his eyes and covered them with his palm.

After carefully removing my hospital clothes, i saw a damaged and broken Emma in the mirror.

I haven't fully looked in the mirror until now, and even though my dad's large bruises were better than they were in the beginning, they were still visible enough for anyone to understand how much suffering and pain i'm holding.

I turned my back to the mirror and dressed myself in his big, cozy hoodie and sweatpants, which were almost falling if i didn't tighten them as much as possible.

"Ready." i mumbled, and he opened his eyes, grinning at me.

"You look so fuckin' good in my clothes." Alright, aggressive. I blushed a little and giggled till we heard the door creak open.

Seeing Melina and Elias carrying large bouquets filled with a variety of colourful flowers.

"Emma," Mel gasped.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A/N: word count: 1080