Chapter 7 : The Entrance Exam

After agreeing to the terms of the Hero Public Safety Commission, Nezu and All Might made their way back to the Police Station where Ren and Detective Tsukauchi were waiting. The two get out of the car and make it inside the police station.

"Welcome back. So, how did it go?" Tsukauchi asked in curiosity.

"It would be better to explain everything while Mr. Tennyson is here." Nezu said, to which Tsukauchi nodded his head.

The three men then made their way to the interrogation room where Ren was and they opened the door. The three instantly see the young Wielder of the Omnitrix playing with a little kitten, the kitten was a small and fluffy tabby, the small feline was currently purring in contentment as Ren was gently scratching its head.

"What's up with that kitten." All Might whispered to Tsukauchi.

"That kitten was sleeping in a cardboard box near the station so we believe it was abandoned by its owners, we brought it to Mr. Tennyson because he said he was bored of just waiting here." Tsukauchi explained.

"His attitude is understandable, as powerful as Mr. Tennyson is, he is still a normal teenager." Nezu said with a small smile.

Ren then heard the voice of Nezu so he got up from the chair and turned around to face All Might and Nezu who came back before speaking. "So what did the Safety Commission decide?"

All Might and Nezu then spent a few minutes explaining what had happened in the Hero Public Safety Commission.

"I see..." Ren said as he stopped playing with the tabby kitten as it was now sleeping on his lap.

"I'm gonna be honest, I don't like the idea of you guys reporting my behavior like I was some really dangerous criminal." Ren said before he let out a sigh. "But if it is the only way to let the Commission agree then so be it."

"I truly am thankful for your cooperation Mr. Tennyson. But do know that we have full faith that you pose no threat to anyone." Nezu said which caused a small smile to form on Ren's face.

"Thanks Mr. Nezu." Ren said. "So, what's our next move?"

"My colleague has already told you this, but the U.A. Entrance Exam begins tomorrow. You must pass this exam in order to be accepted. Although we could just say that you have been giving a recommendation, you sadly don't have any proof of existence in this world." Nezu said.

"But wouldn't me participating in the exam technically be cheating?" Ren asked. "Because I have an alien device which might give me an unfair advantage."

"While this might be true, there are no rules that forbid the use of alien technology during the exam. Furthermore, this will be a great way so the other U.A. Staff see what you are capable of." Nezu explained as Ren remained silent for a second before nodding in understanding.

"I understand. Please tell me more about how this exam works." Ren said with a confident smile.

"U.A. High's Entrance Exam consists of a written test and a practical test, with the latter being the more important of the two. During the practical exam, candidates conduct mock battles in replica urban settings. Examinees are given ten minutes to use their to immobilize in order to score points depending on the individual robot's point value. The more points one examinee earns, the higher their chance is to get accepted into U.A. High. The examinees have limited time and must cover a vast area without knowing how many villain bots there are or where they're located. Candidates are not allowed to fight other candidates. Doing so results in disqualification. Students hailing from the same middle school are placed in different testing areas to avoid potential cooperation." Nezu explained as Ren nodded his head once again.