-Chapter 30-

Aru POV

To get my mind off stuff, specifically father dear, Mini and I went shopping. For samosas. And maybe pani puri was added to my mental list.

"Okayyy, Brynne will be here any sec with Rudy." Mini announces.

"Ahhhh, you asked your boyfriend to come." I say, shimmying my shoulders.

"Don't do that Aru, you like your in a cross between break-dancing or having a stroke. Or having a stroke cause you are break-dancing." Mini says, pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Hilarious." I say, sarcastically.

I looked around to check if the area we are in burst into flames yet, cause clearly I am the catalyst for trouble.

Rudy, Brynne and Aiden enter.

"Aiden's here?" I hiss. Mini looks apologetic.

"He is Rudy's cousin."

"Who likes Poppy." I remind.

"Who likes Poppy?" Brynne scrunches her nose and Mini giggles while pointing to Aiden. She is an amazing actress.

"I don't like Poppy. That's insulting." Aiden scrunches his nose.

"It's like a cat liking a dog." Brynne howls, laughing. Then she adds, "He likes someone else."

I don't know if that's better or worse.

Mini's phone rings, "Hello?" A pause. "Ohh we are near Baskin Robbins." and she cuts the call

A few minutes later Hira enters. Brynne didn't notice yet so I loudly say, "Hira!" and Brynne whips so fast and winces that I almost feel bad. Almost.

"Brynne!!" Hira hugs Brynne who clutches her girlfriend tight.

"Hira!!" Brynne squeals. She actually squeals.

I have to record this. Aiden beat me to it, of course. Well, at least I can convince him to give me the footage. He is such a people pleaser.

Me and Rudy look at each other, snicker and start mimicking her.

"HIRA! OH HIRA!" I shout, that some people turn to look at our group.

"HIRA!" Rudy says. We both snicker, Mini was laughing and Aiden was fighting a smile.

Brynne was red with embarrassment and anger while Hira was giggling. Thank god, cause she'll have to save me from her girlfriend's wrath.

"Ok, ok, let's go get something to eat." Mini intervenes.

"Samosas! Oh and Pani Puri!" I say. Who wouldn't like samosas & pani puri?

"Do you know the oil content in-" Mini scrunches her nose.

"Who cares?! Live a little, Mini!" Brynne interrupts

"I don't want to live a little, I wanna live a lot hence protecting my health." Mini huffs.

"Ok. Tell you what, let's go make it homemade. Will that make it better?" Brynne asks.

"Sure, but I'm still not eating." Mini declares and Brynne rolls her eyes.

"I'm in charge of music!" Rudy says.

"Music for what? We aren't dancing." Brynne counters

"Cooking. Everything needs music, music is the base of life." Rudy says.

"Wow, bro, deep." Aiden says, sarcastically.

"I know." Rudy replies, proudly.

"We can do that. It's not disturbing." Hira says, as diplomatic as ever.

"I'm in charge of movies!" I say

"NO!" They all say together. Well, that was scary.

"I have great taste." I say, offended.

"LOTR?" They say again, together. Are they trying to terrify me? By the uncomfortable looks they give each other, I don't think so.

Everyone except me bursts into laughter.

"I was not going to choose LOTR." I say. I totally was, but they don't need to know that.

"Ohh really?" Aiden teases.

"Ya!" I persist.

"Then what were you gonna choose?" Mini asks.

Shit.

"Spider-man." I blurt while we started walking to our cars.

"Like your pj's?" Aiden snickers. My cheeks heat.

"How did you know Aru has Spider-Man pjs?" Mini asks, suspiciously.

"Aru told me." He says, flushed.

"No I didn't!" I shout, and pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Yes you did," he says, nodding vigorously.

We started bickering and they others went in front of us and I was still wagging my finger at him.

"I didn't!" I insist.

He grabs my finger and intertwines our hands.

"I know." He says.

This was not supposed to release. In my opinion, it's too small and not interesting and stupid. But I did not have a choice cause this had a bit of character development and I have debated for over an hour whether or not to release it. So I'm sorry for the unnecessary filler. It was a bit worse than my other chapters and I'll make up for it. Hopefully.

Another thing I wanted to say, I think this is going to slow. If you feel so, lemme know cause I'll try to switch to a but more fast-paced.

I will skip my spelling session for this one chap cuz I rlly need to listen to music and just relax.

Byeeeee, thanks for reading!!

~AU