Chapter 8

(Edited)
Austin's POV

The smell of raspberries still engulfed my senses and I started to come back to the world of consciousness.

My eyes felt as though they had weights pulling them down, but slowly I regained my senses and searched the room.

The first thing I noticed was the large bed on the other side of the room. A figure was stretched out across it and all I could see were two ankles tied to the bottom posts of the mattress. Assuming the hands of the figure were tied to the top two posts, my eyes starting burning holes into the door where I had last seen the idiots exit.

A cry swept through the room and my glare softened and has traced to the female tied to the bed.

"Why?" A small whimper was heard and my eyes widened. She talked. Abigail talked.

That doesn't make sense. Why would she want people to think she's mute when she's not? Why was she hiding her true self? We are best friends, I thought we had gained trust in each other. Was it only I who felt a bond towards Abigail? Was I the only one who felt I could trust her with my life?

"Abby?" I asked out into the open.

The cries immediately stopped.

Guess we're back to the mute thing. She doesn't know I heard her speak, so I'll wait until she's ready to trust me with her secret. That's the respectable thing to do, I guess.

"What happened?" I asked myself knowing an answer won't come from my best friend.

"Ahh, you're awake, perfect timing. Is it okay that we brought a few friends over to watch the show?" The man with the gun opened the door and smirked.

"What show?" I asked suspiciously.

"Why, you don't know?" Another man came in that was almost as tall as the ceiling. I'll call the first one moose because of his weird hair that made him look like a moose for some reason, and the second one giraffe because of his strange height.

"Did you tell the poor girl about your secret, yet?" Giraffe asked me.

My brows furrowed. What secret?

"I have no clue what your talking about."

"Figured." Moose replied, excitingly.

"How about you, princess, have you told him your secret? About being mute?" Moose stepped closer to Abigail. Too close for comfort.

Abby didn't talk as we were both lost in a sea of confusion. I've been completely honest with Abby, so what secret could he be talking about. Just then, giraffe pulled out a water bottle and walked over to me before pouring the liquid out all over me.

The "water" burned and stung my skin worse than anything I've ever felt.
I screamed out in pain," what the hell is that?" I almost cried.
It felt as if I was on fire and was being burned alive.

Another bottle was pulled out and I whimpered. My whimper sounded of one from an animal. It scared me. What are they doing to me?

"Please, please don't! I'll tell you anything! Please, I'm begging you!" I pleaded.

"Were here for a show not to have story time, foolish boy," moose said before nodding to giraffe to continue the torture.

My screams became more animal like with every bottle dumped on me. So far, they had tortured me with 5 bottles disguised as stupid water bottles but filled with acid of some sort.

This whole time Abby has been crying but still hasn't said a word. As my friend, I thought she would stand up for me instead of deciding to keep her secret instead of saving her best friend.