Chapter 18

Austin's POV

My anger I felt before flood to the surface. This- this thing hurt my beautiful mate. They didn't give her a change of clothing so she still wore the outfit that showed her bruises and scars up and down her legs... which now has small cut marks as well. Blood drips ran down her arms and legs from cuts they gave her. Looking at her, I saw dark circles underneath her eyes like she hadn't slept in forever. Eyeliner was smudged on her left eye like she was wiping away tears. Even in despair, she was beautiful.

"I hate you, you evil bastard!" I screamed out at the devilish man in front of our 'cage'.

He laughed before giving me a crooked smile.

"Why, hate is such a strong word, little wolf." He continued smiling in such a creepy way. Abby sat behind me, hiding herself from him.

For some reason, him calling me a little wolf offended me and Abby could feel that.

I suddenly got feelings of anger. But they overlapped mine. It was Abby's anger. She was angry that he had upset me.

"You bastard! I hope you rot in hell! Can't wait to see you there, you ass! Let us out or I swear to whatever god there is I will rip your eyeballs out and shove them down your throat before you have time to call for help!" Abby screamed out at him in a fit of rage.

While she was kind of scary and swore way more than I thought she could in one outburst... it was kind of hot.

But now, looking at his face, I realize maybe her outburst wasn't a good idea. We just made the already crazy and insane person full of rage.

"Where's the fun in letting you out, my sweet little princess?" He asked before giving his wickedly creepy smile, turning, and leaving us in the dark.

Abby backed up the the far back of the cell and leaned against the wall. She had her knees up the her chest and her face hidden.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, too quiet for a human to hear this far away but I heard her.

"For what? This isn't your fault. I chose to come." I responded, moving close to her only to find my body was still numb from before when they injected me.

"Why did you come? You shouldn't have. Now instead of just me dying, now he's going to kill you too." She said, her head still buried.

I pulled my body closer to her until I was seating right by her. Taking her hand I responded, "because I love you. And I was going crazy without you."

Even though we knew we could potentially die here... we sat in a comfortable silence with each other.

Having her next to me again calmed my nerves and my wolf. I could sense her feelings. She felt safe with me, and she was nervous... and I sensed something else but I wasn't sure what it was exactly.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and we just sat on the dirty floor, in a cell... but we were together.