0.7

a s h t o n

"Okay boys, I want no commotion on the bus. You are playing a game in two hours and I want you all ready for warmups as soon as we get there"

"It fucking sucks that you won't play today" Michael sighed after the coach had ended his informative speech.

"I know" I mumbled and looked out of the window. The landscapes of Liverpool were playing out in front of me and I let my eyes trace it all.

We were on a bus off to who knows where to play the first game of the summer. Or I wasn't, the other were. All thanks to Hemmings.

"You'll be back in no time" Michael assured me but I only scoffed at that.

"As long as Hemmings is in the picture, I won't. He ruins everything for me" I said, saying the last part a little bit louder just to annoy Luke who was sitting two rows in front of me and Michael.

"I can hear you Irwin" I heard Luke mutter from the front and I rolled my eyes.

"That was the point Hemmings" I called back, making some of the guys laugh.

Though, what Luke and I had between us was serious matter and could eventually send us home, it was still a bit of action for the guys. I didn't know if I liked it or not but I did like the fact that I had some people on my side.

"Please just shut up" Calum called to both me and Luke. I gave him a burning glare through the seats before Michael flicked my cheek and moved my head to the side so he could place his head on my shoulder.

"No, Michael" I huffed, feeling him place his whole body weight on my one shoulder.

"You're not playing today so that's why you're assigned to be my pillow for the bus ride. Now shut up and let me sleep" he said and moved his head until he found a comfortable position.

"Okay bitch" I mumbled under my breath.

"Fuck off" Michael said between a heavy yawn.

The bus ride took about an hour before we drove into a nice looking stadium. It was quite small but it was a nice looking arena and the bleachers could probably take a few thousand people. Of course there wouldn't be thousands of people watching the teams play today, but maybe some important people would take a look.

"This looks professional" Michael said as he leaned over me a bit to look out the window. I nodded and hummed, not really feeling like talking because Michael would be able to hear the disappointment laced in my words.

"You'll play the next game Ash, don't worry about it" Michael said and squeezed my shoulder in assurance. "Just show coach that you are still a part of the team and he'll take it to thought. He told you himself that he would"

"Yeah," I mumbled and ran my hand through my hair, "but that also contained a better relationship with Barbie over there" I said and nodded towards Luke.

"Then pull yourself together and do it. You just have to get through the summer. You don't need to be best friends, just get over yourselves and you will both help each other on this camp" Michael said as he sat up and looked at me. "I just don't want you to go home, that's all"

I nodded and Michael patted my leg before the bus stopped and started letting people step off.

"Hemmings and Irwin, stay on the bus. I'd like to have a word with you two" coach called out. Michael gave me an assuring smile before walking off the bus with all the other guys.

I sighed before sliding out from my seat and slowly walked up to the front to meet with coach. I could hear Luke walk behind me and I clenched my jaw slightly.