1.3

a s h t o n

My leg was bouncing up and down as I was sat in the locker rooms and listened to coach speak about the first half of the game we just played.

I kept clenching my fists and relaxed them soon after, trying to keep myself on the low even though my blood was boiling and my mind was running wild.

"Irwin, hey" coach said, pulling me out of my stressed thoughts. I looked up at him, seeing everyones eyes on me.

"Hm?" I asked quickly, my leg still bouncing up and down and I brought my hand up to my face to bite on my fingernails.

"You okay?" coach asked and narrowed his eyes on me.

"Yeah, yeah, sure" I said and ran by hand through my hair.

"Okay," coach said but still looked at me suspiciously, "If you didn't hear me the first time, I said that I want you further out. I want us all to put pressure on them, keep them on their side"

I nodded my head quickly, getting my fingernails back between my teeth.

I looked down at the floor, inspecting my shoes, watching my mother's initials engraved on the side and bit my lip hard while clicking my tongue against the roof of my mouth quietly.

I lifted my head and let my eyes look up at the ceiling of the locker room, inspecting everything though my eyes couldn't stay still on one specific thing. Until my eyes lowered down and locked with Luke's.

He was watching me intently, wearing a flat expression. He narrowed his eyes on me as I looked into his. I furrowed my eyebrows irritatedly as Luke kept watching me, inspecting me, and I didn't like it.

"What?" I spat at him but due to him sitting across from me and the coach still speaking, all attention was drawn on me again.

"Do you have anything you want to say Irwin?" coach asked and turned to look at me.

"I just want Hemmings to stop molesting me with his eyes" I said and watched Luke frown while opening his mouth to protest.

"I was not fucking molesting you-"

"Hemmings, shut your mouth. Come on guys, get ready for game. Out now" coach sighed out and everyone did as told, a bit confused by the small conflict between Luke and I.

"I need to go to the toilet" I mumbled and stood up to walk over to the toilets.

"Me too" I heard Michael say behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I need you out in 1 minute" coach said before leaving the locker room empty except Michael and I.

I walked over to the toilet and reached for the handle but was tugged back and turned around to face Michael. He looked at me with narrowed eyes, studying my face until sighing and dropping his head forward in what looked like defeat.

"God Ash, you're so stupid" Michael said before pushing me away. I licked my lips and scratched my jaw.

"Why would you skip your meds today? That's so stupid Ashton, don't you realize that yourself?" Michael asked, his voice dripping in frustration.

"I'm at my best without meds" I mumbled.

"You're dangerous for yourself and others" Michael pointed out and I locked my jaw.

"Stop acting like you're my mother"

"I'm not acting like your mother, I'm being your friend Ash. Come on, you know better than this" Michael sighed.

"Well, obviously I don't because here we are, me on edge and no meds in sight" I snapped back. Michael sighed again.

"Fine. You better keep all the focus you have on the game, don't fucking dare to start anything against any players. Keep it to yourself, okay?" Michael said and looked at my with strong green eyes. I scoffed.