004

"Umemiya,"

Hiragi announced, his voice laced with urgency. "We have a serious situation."

The white-haired man, his back still turned towards them, spoke in a surprisingly calm tone. "Yeah, I figured."

Shock rippled through the four newcomers (excluding the ever-stoic Sugishita). Sakura's frown deepened. 'He already knows? Who could've told him so fast?' he wondered.

Umemiya finally turned, his gaze landing on Hiragi. "The seed count and planted fields don't match up, do they?"

Sakura's disbelief mirrored Hiragi's initial frown. This revelation completely shifted the focus.

Meanwhile, Kei was attempting to fill Y/N and Daiki in on what happened, although Y/N's glazed expression suggested a complete lack of interest.

"So, I have one more open field," Umemiya continued, completely oblivious to the tension in the room. "Anything in particular you'd like to eat?"

"We need to talk about Shishitouren," Hiragi began, frustration creeping into his voice. However, Umemiya promptly cut him off.

"Shishito peppers?! Hiragi, can your stomach even handle those?!" Umemiya boomed, his concern completely misplaced. Hiragi's frown deepened further.

The mention of food, however, piqued Y/N's interest. "Me! I want dorayaki!" he declared, enthusiastically pumping his arm.

"They're completely missing the point," Nirei muttered nervously.

Suo, a sly smile playing on his lips, added, "Now I understand why Hiragi-san is always clutching his stomach."

Sakura's scowl deepened to epic proportions. "These guys... Umemiya and Y/N are the leaders?" Disbelief warred with confusion on his face.

Suddenly, a sharp tug on his shirt snapped him back to reality. "Those are Umemiya-SAN and y/n-CHI, you dunce!" Sugishita hissed, his voice laced with a rare venom.

"So loud!" Sakura retorted, clenching his jaw.

"Huh? Why's everyone gathered here?" Umemiya finally asked, oblivious to the chaos he'd just unleashed.

Umemiya beamed, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "See, these are tomatoes! Over here, we have beautiful bell peppers! And next up, a whole row of eggplants! Cucumbers and lady's fingers too," he announced, holding up two plants with a flourish. "They're all so special and adorable, wouldn't you agree?"

Hiragi, his face contorted in frustration, practically growled. "It's all just grass to me!" He stomped his foot repeatedly, then leaned his head on his palm in a defeated slump.

Sakura, mirroring Hiragi's posture, shared his disbelief. "He never listens, yet never stops talking once he gets going," he muttered, shaking his head.