006

"Alright, let's get this party started!"

Umemiya said and, with the group yesterday, walked confidently towards Shishitouren's territory.

----------------------

THE NIGHT BEFORE THE BATTLE (18 HRS PRIOR)

----------------------

"Here's your drink, Kei-nii," kyoko's voice chirped as she placed a glass of orange juice on the table. Kei simply smiled in acknowledgment. "Thank you, Kyoko-chan," he replied.

Sasaki expressed his doubt, "Should I really be here?"

Suo offered reassurance, "Of course."

But the quiet tension fractured with Nirei's sudden outburst. He shrieked, a sound of raw panic, clutching his hair with trembling hands. Tears welled up in his eyes as he stammered, "Crap, crap, crap! This is bad! This is awful!" All eyes, except for Sugishita's who remained focused on his drink, swivelled towards the distraught figure.

Sakura visibly bristled. He leaned his head on his palm, his brow creased in annoyance. "Will you shut up already?" he muttered, his voice laced with irritation.

Nirei, on the verge of hysteria, snapped back, "Whose fault do you think this is?!"

Kotoha, ever the calming presence, stepped forward, her gentle smile a beacon of hope in the tense atmosphere. She placed a steaming plate of food before Nirei. "Nirei," she said, her voice soft yet firm, "panicking won't help. Fill your stomach and calm down a bit, okay?"

Kyoko, unable to resist a playful jab, chimed in, "Kotoha's right. Do you have no trust in them? Well, even I would doubt my trust in that guy," she teased, her eyes flickering towards Sakura who twitched in response, a vein throbbing on his forehead.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU SHUGGY-FACE?!" he roared back, momentarily forgetting the gravity of the situation.

Kyoko, never one to back down from a challenge, mirrored his glare. "HUH?! WHO DID YOU JUSST CALLED SHUGGY-FACE, YOU COOKIES-AND-CREAM MORON?!" she countered, the playful banter quickly escalating into a childish bickering match.

Nirei, momentarily forgotten, slammed his fist on the table, the sound echoing through the silent restaurant. "You two don't get it at all.." he muttered, his voice hoarse with nervous. "Boufurin might be gone tomorrow, you know!"

A heavy silence descended upon the room once more. Kotoha, with a reassuring smile, placed another plate of food in front of Nirei. "That doesn't mean panicking will do any good," she soothed, her voice dripping with calmness. "It's fine. They aren't that weak, you know that already, right?"

The question hung in the air. Everyone, except for Sakura who continued to shovel food into his mouth, looked at Kotoha with a mixture of awe, doubt and hope etched on their faces.