005

"That guy's from Boufurin, you know?"

Umemiya stated, deepening his glare on the young man, Tomiyama’s grin widened, stretching unnaturally across his face like a grotesque mask.

"Yup, I sure do!" His chuckle sent shivers down their spines. "Are you angry? Gonna blow a fuse?" Tomiyama boomed cheerfully.

"You seem pretty happy, huh?" Umemiya countered, deepening his frown.

The first years, including Hiragi, Sasaki, Daiki, and Kei, watched the scene unfold. Sakura's face contorted in shock. 'He's got the nerve to smile directly at Umemiya...what kind of monster is he..?' he thought.

"Alright, Ume-chan," Tomiyama said, dropping the Fuurin guy and the megaphone. He launched himself into a fighting stance and leaped towards Umemiya. "Let's do it! A one-on-one fight!" he declared. "You started all of this, right? You should be more than motivated!"

Umemiya watched his every move, his gaze unwavering as Tomiyama hopped around him in a circle, bouncing with manic cheer. "Come on, come on, come on, fight, fight, fight!" Tomiyama chanted happily.

'That guy's got too much energy for his own good,' Sakura thought as he watched Tomiyama dance around Umemiya. Tomiyama stopped jumping when Umemiya spoke.

"It's true that we were the first one to strike," Umemiya said with a frown on his face. "But you caused plenty of a ruckus here already. Be satisfied with this, we're even."

Tomiyama’s smile faltered for a moment. "Ehh...oh...well...I see.." he stammered as he looked back to see many Fuurin members sprawled unconscious on the floor.

"What...?" Nirei peeked from behind Suo's back, his voice laced with fear. "He's satisfied...?"

Umemiya's words hung in the air. "That's why I say, just head back."

Tomiyasu tilted his head, his smile widening impossibly further. Then, in a flash, his leg lashed out, aiming for Umemiya's head with surprising speed for such a large man.

A collective gasp tore from the observers. Sakura, Suo, Nirei, and Sugishita watched in horror as the attack unfolded.

Umemiya, however, reacted with lightning reflexes. He snatched Tomiyama’s leg mid-air, preventing a direct hit. They locked eyes, Umemiya's gaze a steely blue.

"Jeez, you're as impatient as ever," Umemiya said, his voice low and dangerous.

Tomiyama, unfazed, simply grinned wider. "This time, it's on you, Ume-chan!" he declared, bouncing back like a hyperactive child. "Come on, fight back! Aye, aye, fight back!" he chanted, clapping his hands with manic glee.

Distracted by the commotion, Daiki noticed Y/N stirring on his back. "Huh? You're awake?" he said as Y/N rubbed his eyes sleepily.

Ignoring Daiki's protests, Y/N hopped off and strolled towards Umemiya and Tomiyama. Nirei tried to grab him, but Y/N brushed him aside, his brow furrowed in confusion. "What's going on…?" he mumbled.