► 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝘁𝘀

Chapter Three,
𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗧𝗦

 "ROBBY, it was never that difficult," Lu mumbled before focusing the camera on her and the boy yet again

 "ROBBY, it was never that difficult," Lu mumbled before focusing the camera on her and the boy yet again. "Just pose for the picture, see?"

 Lu did multiple poses, pressing the button repeatedly to capture the best angles. Robby ended up smiling, staring at the girl in the process.

 "Okay maybe it's not that bad, but you just make the process better." Robby spoke, leaning closer to the girl to see the pictures.

 Lu blushed at his words and at how close he had gotten, she quickly looked away for a second to cover her face in her hair. She could not have him tease her about this.

 "See, look how cute." Lu commented, looking back and grinning as she scrolled through the new photos.

 Chaluai had been over the Keene boy's house after school, not realizing his two other 'friends' would be over. She internally rolled her eyes, clearly not liking their presence. They had been watching videos of girls twerking for like, the past hour and had shitty music playing from their boom box. Meanwhile, Lu kept Robby occupied as she came up with the idea for the duo to take new pictures.

 Everything was fine until a man burst through the apartment. Lu jumped at the sudden action, instantly recognizing the man as the one who helped Miguel last night.

 "Don't you knock?" Robby questioned angrily.

 "I have been knocking for five minutes but you can't hear me over that trash playing on your boom box." Johnny stated, his voice filled with anger.

 "What the hell is a boombox?" One of the boys questioned.

 "What the hell is on your face?" Johnny questioned back, making the boy reach up to touch his mustache. Johnny looked at Lu, remembering her from last night before turning his full attention back to Robby.

 "I got a call from your principal. I heard about our trip to Colorado." Johnny continued.

 Lu turned her head from Johnny to Robby. Clearly, Robby wasn't in Colorado, but Lu knew what this was all about. He didn't want to go back to school, especially after the Molly incident.

 "Well, I had no idea what a real father-son trip looked like so I had to use my imagination. If it makes you feel better next time you can pick where we don't go." Robby started with hatred and anger written all over his face, matching Johnny's.

 Lu decided to take a seat, watching the confrontation in front of her eyes. She wouldn't dare to say anything, as she felt this wasn't her fight, it was Robby's. The last thing she wants to do is step into family drama.

 "This isn't about us. It's about the fact that you should be in school instead of hanging around these jackholes." Johnny said, lifting his finger to point at everybody in the room.