winter break

*tw: homophobia *

BEFORE YOU KNEW IT, IT was already winter break. Which meant Nika would be going back to Croatia, and Rosie back to Florida. The team only had a week and a half for their break due to a game being scheduled on the 31st. Somehow, Nika was able to convince Rosie to leave her family two days early so she could meet Nika's family. Rosie wasn't quite ready to tell her family about the relationship and Nika completely understood.

"So do you have new boyfriend?" Her mom smiled, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"No, no boyfriend." Rosie laughed awkwardly, feeling a pit in her stomach due to the fact that if her mother knew about her true relationship she would no longer be supported.

"That's okay you're too busy for one anyways." She winked.

"Rosie!" Her three other sisters screamed in unison as they ran out the door, Rosie was the last to arrive. They all engulfed her into a huge group hug, which Rosie greatly appreciated as she missed her sisters dearly.

The sisters all headed to the patio to catch up on each other's life's. Once their parents announced they were going to the store to pick up some last minute things for dinner, Rosie made a decision. Not telling anyone but Azzi had been weighing on her chest. She wanted the people she was closest to, to know.

"Can I tell you guys something?" Rosie picked at her nails.

"Of course Bellie!" Annie, the eldest, nodded to the girl.

Rosie took a death breath and said a quick prayer in hopes that her favorite people in the world wouldn't see her any differently.

"I, I am in a relationship with Nika." She spoke slowly trying to test the waters, observing her sisters expressions.

They all dog-piled her knowing she was nervous to tell them. They squeezed the girl tightly. "I knew it!" Nicole giggled squishing Rosie's cheeks. "When you guys came to my game together I could totally tell." She winked.

"She's so pretty you bagged a BADDIE!" Annie exclaimed.

"I know I know! I'm gonna meet her family, that's why I am leaving a little bit early. Guys please don't tell mom though." Rosie explained.

"We won't we won't!" Tayla assured the girl.

"Tell us all about this!" Annie playfully slapped the girls thigh.

Rosie went into grave detail with her sisters about how the two got together and her sisters ate up every detail. She continued until they heard the garage open, not wanting anyone to overhear them.

They girls all got dressed in their matching Christmas pajamas like they did every year and began to take pictures before bed.

rosiebell posted on Instagram!