5.

Fred and George's flat was buzzing with energy when we arrived. Music played in the background, and the sound of laughter echoed through the rooms. I entered with Joline and Lily-Anne, each of us curious and a little apprehensive about what the night would bring.

"Here we go," Joline said, adjusting her hair, which was tied back in a loose bun. Her green eyes sparkled with excitement.

Lily-Anne, with her red curls cascading over her shoulders and a warm smile on her lips, nudged me playfully. "Relax, Freya. It's just a party."

I nodded, feeling a mix of curiosity and tension. "Let's get this over with."

As we made our way inside, Fred greeted us with his usual enthusiasm. "Hey! Glad you could make it!" His hug was warm and welcoming, lingering just a moment longer when he reached me. His eyes seemed to hold a question, but I brushed it off.

"Thanks for the invite," I replied, trying to ignore the flutter in my chest.

George appeared beside him, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Come on, let's get you some drinks. We've got a great mix tonight."

We moved deeper into the flat, where a lively crowd mingled. I soon found myself separated from Joline and Lily-Anne. As I scanned the room, I spotted Joline by the makeshift bar, talking animatedly with Angelina Johnson, who she had met only once before. Their laughter rose above the general din, and I couldn't help but notice the way Joline's eyes lit up when Angelina spoke.

Intrigued, I made my way over. As I approached, I caught the end of Joline's sentence. "—and your Quidditch skills are just amazing, Angelina."

Angelina laughed, a rich sound that seemed to fill the room. "Thanks, Joline. It's always great to meet someone who appreciates the game."

Joline's cheeks flushed slightly. "Well, it's not just the game. You're really impressive."

Angelina's smile softened. "That's sweet of you to say."

I wandered around, enjoying the lively atmosphere. Lily-Anne was now deep in conversation with Lee Jordan, their laughter mingling with the music. It was good to see everyone getting along.

Suddenly, Fred was beside me, his grin replaced by a more thoughtful expression. "Enjoying yourself?" he asked.

"Actually, yes," I admitted. "Your friends are great."

Fred glanced over to where Lee and Lily-Anne were laughing together, and I noticed a brief flash of something in his eyes. "Looks like Lee and Lily-Anne are hitting it off," he said, his tone casual.

"Yeah, they seem to be," I replied, watching him closely.

We stood there in an uncomfortable silence for a moment, the sounds of the party enveloping us. Fred's gaze lingered on me, and I felt a strange tension building between us, different from our usual arguments—more charged, more uncertain.

Before I could dwell on it, George appeared, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "Freya, you look stunning tonight," he said, his eyes twinkling as he leaned in closer.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Thanks, George. You're quite the charmer."

George chuckled, his gaze never leaving mine. "Only when I have a reason to be."

Fred shifted beside me, his expression tightening. "George, don't you have someone else to flirt with?"

George raised an eyebrow, clearly enjoying Fred's discomfort. "Why? Jealous, little brother?"

Fred scoffed, though his ears turned a telltale shade of red. "Of course not."

George winked at me, then sauntered off to mingle with the other guests, leaving Fred and me in an awkward silence.