10.

The morning sun streamed through the tall windows of my flat, casting a warm golden glow on the polished wooden floors. Yesterday's victory at the Wizengamot still felt surreal, a buoyant feeling that lifted my spirits even as I navigated the complexities of what had transpired between Fred and me. I stretched in bed, the euphoria of our successful proposal mingling with the lingering sensation of Fred's lips on mine. The kiss had been impulsive, driven by the intense relief and joy of our win, and it still played on a loop in my mind.

I sat up, running my fingers through my hair, trying to focus on the day ahead. The relief from our win had done wonders for my mood, and I felt a rare sense of optimism. My flat, with its eclectic mix of furniture and decor, felt like a sanctuary—a safe haven from the world outside.

After a quick shower, I dressed in comfortable clothes and made my way to the kitchen. Shadow, my black cat, twined around my legs, purring loudly. "Good morning, Shadow," I murmured, scooping him up for a cuddle before setting him down to fill his bowl.

The kitchen was my favorite room, a cozy space filled with the smell of fresh coffee and the sight of the small herb garden I had nurtured on the windowsill. The walls were lined with wooden cabinets, their slightly worn edges adding character. The mismatched chairs around the small round table, the patterned rug underfoot, and the collection of mugs hanging on the wall all contributed to the room's charm.

As I started brewing a pot of coffee, savoring the comforting aroma, there was a knock at the door. My heart skipped a beat, a mixture of excitement and nervousness flooding me. I opened the door to find Fred standing there, looking as effortlessly charming as ever. His red hair was tousled, and he had a casual grin that made my pulse quicken.

"Morning, Freya," he said, his eyes twinkling with warmth.

"Morning, Fred," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady. "Come in."

He stepped inside, glancing around the flat with interest. "This is the first time I've been here. Nice place you've got," he said, his eyes lingering on the cozy arrangement of furniture and the warm, inviting decor.

"Thanks," I said, a bit self-conscious under his gaze. "It's not much, but it's home."

Fred's eyes twinkled as he looked at the various knick-knacks and photos scattered around. "It's got character. I like it."

I poured us both some tea and joined him at the kitchen table. "It was quite a day yesterday, wasn't it?"

Fred chuckled, taking a seat. "I know what you mean. I keep expecting someone to tell us it was all a mistake."

I smiled, recalling the intense emotions of the previous day. "It was hard-earned. We did well."

He nodded, his eyes serious for a moment. "You were incredible up there, Freya. The way you presented our case—well, I couldn't have done it better myself."

His praise warmed me, and I felt a blush creep up my neck. "Thanks, Fred. It was a team effort."

Fred leaned back in his chair, looking around the kitchen again. "I've never seen a place quite like this. It's very you."

I laughed softly. "What does that mean?"

He gestured to the shelves lined with books and the small plants scattered around. "It's cozy, organized, and there's a lot of heart. Just like you."

I rolled my eyes, though I couldn't suppress my smile. "You're just saying that."

Fred shrugged, his grin widening. "Maybe. But it's true."

There was a comfortable silence as we sipped our tea, the morning sunlight casting a golden hue across the room. Shadow leaped onto Fred's lap, purring contentedly as Fred scratched behind his ears.