Shot

I left the warehouse knowing I just ruined my chances for this case. Why did I kiss Azara like that!? Now Rome is going to be furious.

I went home and ordered some Japanese takeout and started studying. I grabbed a glass of wine and played some R&B music.

All I have was a dark red bra and underwear, and a see-through short, silk, white robe on.

I was about to doze off when I heard the door ring.

Doesn't Zeri have a key?

I grabbed my gun and put it behind my back, and opened the door.

Once I opened the door, I was shocked to see who it was.

A tall, muscular man with black hair and pale skin. His arms were all covered in tattoos.

"Rowan...?" I said nervously, looking into his cold majestic eyes.

"Izabella..." He said, panting. It was raining outside, and his hands were covered with blood.

"It's raining outside! Why are you here? Why are your hands covered in blood!?" I yelled.

He could barely talk, and the last thing he said was, "Help me."

He was unconscious, I couldn't bring him to the hospital, or it would ruin the whole purpose of this mission.

I treated his wound and treated his fever. 30 minutes later, he finally regained his consciousness.

"Izabella?" He asked with his eyes barely open.

"Yeah? Are you feeling better?" I asked as I continued to treat his wound.

"Sorry, I was shot. I had a call to kill the Korean gang, but I was shot. I still manned to clean out the entire gang. This was the only place I could think of. I checked in your file that this is where you live." He explained.

"No worries! Not only you're sho. Youu're going to catch a cold." I said angrily.

"Bella." Rowan said, looking deep into my eyes, which made me freeze.

I know Izabella isn't my real name, but when he called me Bella, my stomach kept doing weird twists and turns.

His eyes were cold and dark, like he could kill you with just one glance.

He pulled me in close, our lips nearly inches apart.

"Rowan." I said as I leaned in more.

It just became silent, and our faces were still inches apart. Then that's when the loud thunder came in. Saved by the bell.

We quickly broke away from the weird moment, and I focused on helping him.

"I should get going, Rome's probably wondering where I am." He said as he turned to leave.

"You should stay the night." I said, "I mean, you should stay in the other room because of your wound and fever!" I yelled, panicking.

"Thanks for the offer, but I should get going. See you tomorrow, Bella." He said. He winked and just left.