Chapter 5.1: Bonus

Some days have passed since the encounter with Ramiris. Ainz was currently sitting in the shade of a tree with Shizu while the kids and Rubedo were playing ball.

Shizu says " Ainz, Thank you for all that you have done for me. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. "

Ainz says " You don't have to worry about it, Shizu. You're a friend. I'll be happy to help you out. "

Shizu smiles and was going to put her hands on his, but the ball came and hit her head. The childrens quickly run to them and apologized. They then asked them to play with them. Ainz and Shizu join them and have some fun.

Meanwhile, At the Mansion of the Domain Lord, Count Guratol, Ulamuth, the wife of Guratol, was resting on the bed because of a disease. Guratol blames himself for not getting the medicine sooner and letting it stolen by thieves. Gesdar, the butler of Guratol, informs Guratol about the situation with the thieves and provides him a letter regarding the event that is held by the Free Academy in the Kingdom of Englassia.

Ainz and Shizu were currently in the teacher's room. Tiss, Jeff, and other teachers enter the teacher's room. Seeing Shizu and Ainz there, Jeff comments that there is upcoming outdoor training and that Shizu's students won't be participating.

Ainz says " I think it will be a valuable experience for the children. Why don't they participate in it, Shizu? " 

Shizu says " Ok. I will let them participate. They should see how the real world works. "

Jeff says " Fantastic, Tiss explain to them about the event? "

Tiss explains there are two events with the first being an escort mission. The students need to escort their teacher in 5 to 7 days from school to the town of Guratol. The teachers evaluate their performance during the mission and gives them scores, but are forbidden to help the students. The second event is a training expedition in a man-made caves in the outskirts of Guratol. The students need to fetch the certificate of conquest from the depths of the cave. Also the teacher of the winning class gets ten gold coins.

Ainz and Shizu nod in understanding. Jeff then starts to brag about his students. Shizu then told him her students are better. The two then decide to be very competitive.

Shizu and Ainz then went to the class and told her students about the event and that they will participate in it. All of them become excited to show what they can do.

Ainz tells them what kind of equipments they would like to have each of the students tell their preferences.

Gale wanted a shield and a spear, Kenya wants a sword, Chloe wants a rapier, Alice wants kunai and Ryota wants a sword.

Ainz then teleports to Tempest and asks Kaijin and Kurobe to make the items for them. He then asked Garm and Shuna to make them armored chainmail and robes respectively.

Kaijin and Kurobe were able to make the weapons that the children asked for.

Ainz asks them if they have a free carriage, but they inform him that they have made a camping car from what Veldora had once told them from reading manga. Ainz nods happily. He then teleports back to the academy with the items.

All the students were very happy to get the weapons. They all thank him.

Ainz says " All the weapons are only rare grade so that you don't have that much edge against the other classes. But if you do well. I will personally make you better weapons. "

All the students say " Really. "

Ainz nods. The students are more excited for the exam.

Alice raises her hand and asks " But, what about the carriage? you don't expect us to walk there, do you? "