Chapter 6

CALLUM'S POV

It's been 2 weeks since that night. I stayed overnight in the cell, and haven't been to school since.

But for a different reason than bullying.

Kristian was involved in a car accident on the way home from the police station. His dad was instantly killed, and him and his mother in comatose. I've been sitting by his bed almost all the time, hoping to dear god he wakes up. But it is said he won't for at least another month. The hospital have me as first contact for him.

Today is the first day back since the incident.

I walk through the school, crying at all the times we spent. Why did this happen to the good people.

I am getting teased as I walk in.

I get the full brunt from the people that are his friends.

"Where is Kris, fuckwit! And where have you been? Partying?"

That made me snap.

"He's in a fucking coma! And it's my fault! I've been with him since I found out! I've not had much to eat, and I haven't had much sleep! FUCKING STOP PESTERING ME ABOUT IT!" I sobbed

"How was it your fault?"

"I'm gay. I had a crush on him, and I lied to him. He told me, the night of the accident, that he likes me. I told him, somewhat excitedly, that I wanted to see him. Turns out he has homophobic parents. Which is so fucking great. He got grounded, I went to his window to see him, I got caught, I got arrested and as his parents were going home from the station, they were arguing about Kris and me. Turns out, his father didn't really disown it, he just didn't see at the time that it was still love, even though it was between two males. Once he saw that, he argued in our defense. His mother was driving, and she wasn't paying much attention to the road, as she was arguing. She then..." I started to tear up, "She then accidentally crashed into a tree, killing Kris' father, and putting herself, and Kris, into a... a..." I then just started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Awww... Fag is all chocked up... So, disgusting." Lawson remarks (A/N Lawson is a sorta-bully to me... In real life... I hate him. Although he has never been this mean to me).

"Stop bullying him! Can you see he's distressed!" says Jackson. (A/N Look at me! Introducing characters into the past!)

Lawson and Jackson kept fighting, and I kept on sobbing. I decided to get up and move, because hearing more of this incessant banter would be the death of me, emotionally.

~-~-~-~-~-~

At the end of lunch, I checked my bag. Turns out, someone had written me a letter, and put it in my bag.

Dearest Cal,

I wish to write this to you, about Kristian Campbell Ho.

I know things are rough, and I'm sorry I made you snap.

If you get a call from the hospital, I can always drive you there.

You really do love him, don't you?

Kris' friend and now yours,

Jane.

I went over to Jane, where she was expectant.

"Thankyou. And yes I do. Quite a alot, actually."

"I could see it in your eyes, they used to light up with joy when his name was mentioned. Now they are filled with sadness."

"I'm sad because it was my fault. If I never loved him, then he wouldn't have told his parents, then he wouldn't be possibly..." I start crying again. "Dy-dy-dying..."

"Don't you dare think it is your fault! And he is NOT dying, he is just in a very long sleep! And don't say things like that! You'll just get depression!"

"One more thing people don't know about me... I already have depression. (A/N This is a tipping point for me. I MIGHT have depression, I'm getting professional assistance for it.)"

"Oh..."

"I know. Don't go telling people, though. I already have enough pity to last a lifetime."

"See you around, Cal"

I am The Doctor starts to play. It's a private number calling. I go to answer it, think it's the hospital.

"Is that the hospital? Answer it, quickly!"

Well that was my decision, made for me.

"Hello? Is he o-"

"Hello Callum. How are you? I haven't seen you in about a year!"

I scowl. My father.

"What do you want, father?"

I hear low whispers around me. They have heard about my father.

"I just wanted you to know, I'm closer than you- AHH! WHO THE FUCK STABBED ME!"

"Dad? Stabbed? Are you ok?"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The dial tone sounds.

'I'm closer than you- AHH!' The thought horrifies me.

As always,

-MeForWhoIAm