Chapter 8

KRISTIAN'S POV

(1 month, 1 week and 3 days after the last chapter)

I run towards the wall. My mum and dad are quickly approaching, yelling at me.

"Fucking hell, Kris! He's a boy!"

"I know, mother."

"A boy! Boys can't conceive, they can't mother a child and they can't be lady-like! You are going to be teased when you - wake up, Kris! Wake up!"

I hear sobbing.

"Father? Why are you crying"

He doesn't respond.

"Goddamn it, Kris, wake up. I really hope you don't wake up to hear these next few sentences, because they will be so fucking sappy."

Cal? What is he doing, speaking out of my father's mouth.

"I love you. I've know for a while, and all this you being in a coma shit-" COMA? Wait... The car! Oh. "Is taking a toll on me. I spoke with your mother about a week ago, when she woke up. She's apporved of us. Isn't that great, K? I didn't mention your father's passing-" He's dead? " to her. But when she found out, she was in tears. She gives her love, and so do I. I hope you- Kris? DOCTORS! The monitor bleeped! Something is happening!"

Everything around me is changing. It's getting darker. Where am I?

I hear constant beeping.

"He's waking up! Mr. Hobrud, you will have to go outside, we will call you back later. Family members only for the next few hours."

"Yes, Doctor."

Light is seeping in through the darkness. I'm opening my eyes.

I make a weird croaking noise.

"Don't try to speak, Kristian. Your mother is outside, can she come in?"

I attempt to nod.

"Ok."

"Is he awake? He's awake! Can I go see him?"

"Yes ma'am."

I watch as my mother is wheeled in, in a wheelchair.

"Kris! Welcome to the land of the living!" Not funny, mother. "Oh, sorry. Bad choice of words."

"C-C-C-"

"Don't try to speak, Kris. It'll only make things worse."

I nod.

"You know, Callum has been here every day since the accident. He really likes you, you know. at the start, he was here most of the day, according to the doctors. I was in a coma at the time, so I wouldn't know." She chuckles. "You know why I've changed?" I shake my head. "The thought of you dying thinking that we hate  you for who you are." My eyes widen. "I'm not lying. About anything I just said. Ask anyone working here! Well, once you are ok with speaking, that is."

I weakly smiled.

"He's a keeper. He'd follow you to the ends of the Earth and back for you it seems." She chuckled lightly again. "He won't be able to see you for another few hours, but you will probably be able to speak then."

I nod.

"I hope everything if fine after that. We don't need another disaster." (A/N: Mwahaha.)

"Bye." I croak out.

~-~-~-~-~-~

"Kris! How are you? Are you ok?"

"Did you mean it? What you said?"