Chapter 12

You are going to hate me... Also thanks for reading! This is the FINAL chapter of If Only...

KRISTIAN'S POV

"AARGH! Cal! Kr-"

Mother?

"Mum! Are you okay?"

"Kris... I'm sorry. No! Please! He's everything to me! Please don-"

BANG!

"Mum? Mum! MUM?"

A low gravelly voice is heard: "Your mother is in a better place, away from you filth."

I break down in sobs.

"You're next, sunshine."

I hear the clanging of a pot, and the man falls over.

"Cal?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know what's happened?"

"No. But judging by what he said, and what I heard, I'm sorry."

He leans in and hugs me.

"Kris! Behind you!"

Perfect timing for the attacker. They were coming at me with a knife.

"You bastard! He's my everything. You just stabbed him!" Cal said with mixed emotions. I hear anger, and I see unshed tears.

"This is it. 'm sorry. I love you I don't know how long I've got. Can I spend it with you? We can have a nice relaxing sleep. I don't know how long I'll last. Not until morning. No more hospitals. No more doctors. Just us until tomorrow. Look into my chest. You will find a letter. I wrote it right after I got out of hospital, because who knows what will happen? I love you."

"Please fight it. For both of it. Please get better. For me!"

"I can't!I have a minimal survival rate of this, sine you've let me ramble on."

"Let's get to bed."

As we got to bed, I thought, what is going to be next. What is going to happen to Cal? Is he going to be obsessing over me? Is he going to find someone else? I hope so, he is a really kind man,and anyone would be lucky to have him. I nestled into Cal's body, he's awake but not making a noise. I fell to sleep. My dreams were of Cal and I growing old, they were cut short.

CALLUM'S POV

We go p to bed. I am awake for the rest of the night. At about 2:30 Kris stopped breathing. It was only then I had begun to wail. I didn't go to school that day. I couldn't bring myslef to read the letter.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Dear Cal,

I really hope yo don't read this, but if yo do, I love you. My father left all his stuff in my mothers name, and she left it in mine. And I leave it in yours. If my mother is dead when you are reading this, all or stff belongs to you.

(A/N I am literally tearing up writing this.)

My mother treated you as a second son and yours to me the same. I'm sorry you have to put up with this, you don't deserve it. Below is my bank details, and my credit card. I have posted what is needed on them.

The card has a white ribbon on it, and the bank details have all I need to know. They are both in or names. Why did someone have to take this away from me. I can't read any further. I love you Kris. I wish you were to say that you love me too.