𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

Milo Rannells was in her kitchen making an early dinner for herself and her twin boys before she had to leave for her last show of 'Something Rotten'.

"Mom? Why are you leaving 'Something Rotten' again?  Is it just you?" Finley asked his mom, curiosity coloring his voice as he set the table.

Milo let out a small laugh as Finley bombarded her with questions. "I've got another show I'm doing, and no, it's not just me who is leaving," Milo explained to Finley. Just then, Jasper walked over to the table and sat down next to his brother.

"Who else is leaving?" Jasper asked his mom, curiosity evident in his voice.

Milo finished up the food and walked over to the table, passing her boys two bowls of soup. She sat down with them and smiled warmly. 

"Christian is also leaving 'Something Rotten' with me to do Falsettos in October," Milo told her boys, who nodded their heads in understanding.

It was quiet for a few minutes until Finley finally spoke up, his curiosity piqued.

"Do you like Christian?" Finley asked his mom who looked at her son with a mix of surprise and amusement.

Milo paused for a moment, considering her answer carefully. She knew her sons were perceptive and curious, but she hadn't expected this question so directly.

"Well, sweetheart," she began, her voice gentle, "Christian is a friend of mine. We work together on stage, and he's very talented."

Finley nodded thoughtfully, seemingly satisfied with her response. Jasper, always a bit more outspoken, chimed in, "But do you like him like him?"

Milo chuckled softly, shaking her head. "Oh, Jasper, that's a different kind of question. Christian and I are friends and respect each other's work."

Their giggles filled the kitchen, a contagious joy that brought smiles to Milo's face. She loved these moments with her twin boys, their laughter echoing off the walls like music.

"What's so funny, you two?" Milo asked, feigning curiosity as she sipped her soup.

Finley exchanged a mischievous glance with Jasper before Finley spoke up, "We were just wondering if Christian likes you!"

Milo chuckled again, shaking her head in mock exasperation. "Oh, really? And what do you think?"

Jasper shrugged, grinning cheekily. "I think he does. You're really nice and pretty, Mom."

Finley nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Christian always smiles at you when he sees you."

Milo felt her cheeks warm with a blush, touched by her sons' observations. "Well, thank you, boys. Christian is a good friend, and we enjoy working together."

Milo glanced at the clock on the wall as she heard the knock on the door. "I think that's your uncle to watch you for the time," she called out to her boys, knowing Andrew was always punctual.

She made her way to the front door of her cozy apartment, the boys trailing behind her with eager anticipation. 

As she swung open the door, there stood Andrew, her younger brother, with his easy smile and a backpack slung over his shoulder.