𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

It had been a few shows since Milo and Christian's dinner date, and Falsettos had now been open for a few day

It was Act 2 now, and the group was finishing up "The Baseball Game".

"Anything's possible, Jason, hit the ball!" 

The group sang in unison, standing up from the gray block, their voices filling the theater.

All eyes turned to Anthony who swung the bat in the air as they shouted, 

"Run!"

 The stage went dark, signaling the transition to the next song.

As the blackout enveloped the stage, Milo swiftly stepped off the block and hurried over to the wings. She needed to change into another costume for her next character, one that wasn't Cordelia.

As the music for "A Day in Falsettoland" began to play, the familiar strains filled the theater, setting the stage for the next scene. Andrew stepped forward, his voice resonant as he spoke his lines,

 "A day in Falsettoland: Dr. Mendel at work,"

 Before gracefully exiting the stage.

As soon as Andrew left, Brandon took center stage, his voice clear and expressive as he began to sing his part. 

"I don't get it, I don't understand," 

He sang, his emotions conveyed through every note.

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

As the song ended, Milo and Harper found themselves with a brief break before they needed to be back on stage. 

Harper gently nudged Milo, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Okay, so what was that?" Harper asked, leaning in close.

Milo, now back in her Cordelia costume, looked at her friend with a confused expression. "What?"

Harper rolled her eyes playfully. "You and Christian flirting on stage during 'The Baseball Game'."

Milo let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "That? It was nothing," she said dismissively.

"Sure, M. It was nothing," Harper said with a knowing look.

Milo sighed, glancing around to make sure no one else was listening. "Alright, maybe it was something. But it's just harmless fun, right?"

Harper raised an eyebrow. "Harmless fun, huh? You two have been giving each other those eyes for a while now."

Milo felt her cheeks warm slightly. "We've always been close. You know that."

"Yeah, but it's different now. I can see it, Milo. And trust me, everyone else can see it M," Harper said with a soft smile

Harper grinned at Milo before walking away, leaving her standing there with a thoughtful expression.

Milo replayed the last few words from Harper's sentence in her mind. "Everyone else can see it?" she muttered to herself.

Then she looked over and saw her brother, standing off to the side, waiting for Christian so they could perform 'What More Can I Say?' together. 

However, Christian was still on stage, doing 'Everyone Hates His Parents' with Stephanie, Anthony, and Brandon.

She walked over to him, determination in her stride. "I have a question, and there is a right answer to it," Milo told Andrew, her voice firm but tinged with curiosity.

Andrew looked at his older sister, clearly confused. "Okay?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

Milo took a deep breath, trying to phrase her question carefully. "Do you think there's something going on between me and Christian? Like, do you think he likes me more than just a friend?"

Andrew blinked, momentarily taken aback by the directness of her question. He considered his words carefully before responding. "Well, M, to be honest, it does seem like there's something different between you two lately. I've noticed how he looks at you, and it's not just in a friendly way."

Milo felt her heart skip a beat. "So, you think he might actually like me?"

Andrew nodded slowly. "Yeah, I do. And I know you like him too- "

"okay! that's enough" Milo cut him off as Andrew let out a soft laugh .

Andrew looked at his sister, a mischievous grin on his face. "I'm just stating the truth," he said to Milo, his tone light and teasing.

Milo chuckled softly, shaking her head at her brother's playful demeanor. She opened her mouth to reply, but before she could say anything, Brandon's voice boomed from the stage.

"I'm a psychiatrist. Get lost! Call the apple bombs, work it out, pick out a gorgeous centerpiece. Thank you," Brandon declared theatrically, pushing Stephanie and Christian off stage with exaggerated gestures.

As Christian and Stephanie exited the stage, Milo and Christian shared a brief but warm smile. He nodded at Andrew, acknowledging his presence before Andrew and him made their way to the other side of the stage to get ready for 'What More Can I Say?'

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱