𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

It was intermission, and Milo sat in her dressing room, all set for Act 2. She relaxed on the small couch, scrolling through her phone for a few minutes to unwind. The familiar buzz of the theater hummed around her, a comforting background to her brief moment of respite.

A knock on her dressing room door interrupted her scrolling. Curious, she set her phone aside and called out, "Come in!"

The door opened, and Christian stepped in, still in his costume but with a relaxed demeanor. "Hey, Milo," he greeted with a grin

Milo placed her phone down on the couch and smiled at Christian. "Hey, Christian!" she greeted warmly, watching as he leaned casually against the doorframe.

"I was wondering if you would like to get dinner after the show with me?" Christian asked, his tone hopeful.

Milo thought for a second, her smile widening. "Yeah, I would love to!" she replied enthusiastically.

Christian's face lit up with a pleased grin. "Great! There's a new place I've been wanting to try. I think you'll like it."

"Sounds perfect," Milo said, feeling a flutter of excitement. "Looking forward to it."

Christian nodded, still smiling. "Awesome. See you later M"

Milo watched Christian leave her dressing room, a smile lingering on her face.

 Once he was out of sight, she picked up her phone and quickly dialed Harper's number. 

Holding the phone to her ear, she muttered to herself, "Come on, pick up."

After a few rings, she finally heard the familiar sound of Harper's voice on the other end. "Hey, Milo! What's up?"

Milo took a deep breath and decided to share the thrilling detail. "I think your brother just asked me out on a date," she told Harper, her voice a mix of excitement and nervousness.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Harper burst into laughter. "Christian asked you out?" 

"I don't know, he's always flirting with everyone," Milo said, a hint of uncertainty in her voice. 

She glanced at the clock and her eyes widened. "Shit, intermission is almost over. I'll call you back later, okay?"

"Alright, Milo. And don't worry, just enjoy the dinner," Harper replied reassuringly.

"Thanks, Harper. Love you!" Milo said, ending the call. She quickly gathered her thoughts, taking a deep breath to refocus. 

With a final check in the mirror, she left her dressing room, her mind already shifting back to the performance ahead. 

As she headed toward the stage.

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

Andrew had finally managed to put Jasper and Finley to bed, their evening of video games and stories ending in contented sleep. He tiptoed to the kitchen, opening the cabinet in search of something to drink. 

"Where do you keep the wine—" he muttered to himself, rifling through the shelves. "Found it!" he said quietly, triumphant as he pulled out a bottle of wine and a glass.

Just as he started to open the bottle, his phone rang. Balancing the phone between his ear and shoulder, he answered, "Hello?" while wrestling with the wine bottle.

"Hey, Andrew," Milo's voice came through the line, sounding both tired and excited. "How are the boys?"

"Hey, Milo! They're finally asleep," Andrew replied, a hint of relief in his voice. "It took a while, but they had a good time. How's the show going?"

"It's going well. Just finished Act 2," Milo said, her voice filled with the adrenaline of a live performance. "Thanks for watching them tonight. I really appreciate it."

"No problem at all. You know I love spending time with my nephews," Andrew said warmly, finally managing to uncork the wine bottle. "How are you feeling? You sound... different."

Milo hesitated for a moment, then decided to share. "Christian asked me to dinner after the show."

Andrew paused, his hand frozen on the bottle. "Wait, Christian? As in our friend Christian?"

"Yes, that Christian," Milo confirmed, her voice carrying a mix of excitement and uncertainty. "I don't know if it's a date or just dinner, though. You know how he is."

Andrew chuckled, pouring himself a glass of wine. "Yeah, he does have a way with people. But if he asked you to dinner, it sounds like he might be serious."

Milo let out a soft laugh, feeling a bit more relaxed. "Do you think you could watch the boys until I get back?" she asked her younger brother.

Andrew took another sip of his wine and smiled. "Of course, Milo. You go enjoy your dinner with Christian. The boys and I will be fine."

"Thanks, Andrew. I owe you one," Milo said, a sense of relief washing over her.

"No worries. Have a great time, and don't stress about us. Just enjoy yourself," Andrew replied reassuringly.

"Alright, I will. See you later," Milo said, feeling grateful for her brother's support.

As she hung up, Milo felt a renewed sense of excitement for the evening ahead.

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱