𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

It was a few weeks into the show, and the dressing room buzzed with the quiet hum of activity. Milo sat with Harper and Asher, Christian's younger brother who was also the understudy for Milo, as Act 1 played out on stage. They chatted idly, filling the time with lighthearted conversation.

"So, M, anything new with you and Christian?" Harper asked, her tone playful and curious.

Milo glanced over at her friend, trying to maintain a casual demeanor. "Not really," she said, but her voice wavered slightly.

Milo wasn't the best at lying.

A few weeks ago, Christian had asked Milo to be his girlfriend, and she had said yes.

Harper and Asher looked at each other and laughed, causing Milo to look at them with a confused expression. "What?" she asked, her curiosity piqued by their shared amusement.

Harper caught her breath and looked at Milo, a giggle still lingering in her voice. "You're really bad at lying, Mi."

Asher nodded, his smile widening. "Yeah, it was pretty obvious something was up."

"Fine, fine," Milo said, then made sure nobody was around. When she was certain they were alone, she looked back at Asher and Harper, her excitement barely contained. "Me and Christian are dating!" Milo announced.

Harper and Asher's faces lit up with excitement. Harper practically jumped in her seat. "I knew it!" she exclaimed.

"You owe me $10," Harper told her brother, who rolled his eyes. Milo looked at the two, feeling a mix of curiosity and embarrassment.

"Was it obvious?" Milo asked.

Harper and Asher made eye contact and nodded in unison. "Yeah, it was," Asher told Milo, who let out a sigh.

"I thought we were being subtle," Milo said, shaking her head.

"Well, you weren't," Asher said to Milo, who looked at him, concern etched on her face. "How bad was it?" Milo asked.

Asher looked at his sister for some help. Harper smirked and said, "I saw you two holding hands right before Act 2 started a few nights ago."

Milo's eyes widened. "You saw that?"

Harper nodded, grinning. "Yep"

Milo muttered something under her breath, "Great, now everyone's going to be talking about it."

Harper raised an eyebrow, "What was that?"

Milo sighed, "Nothing."

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

Act 1 finished up and the others were coming upstairs. Harper and Asher left the dressing room, and Milo watched Christian walk by. "Christian!" Milo called out to her boyfriend.

Christian turned and smiled as he saw Milo. He walked into the dressing room. "Hey," he greeted her warmly.

Milo looked at Christian with a soft smile. "Hey," she said gently. "Do you remember a few shows ago, we were holding hands right before Act 2?"

Christian nodded, his expression attentive. "Yeah, I remember. Why?"

Milo started to ramble, her words coming out in a rush. "Harper saw, and I don't know if anyone else saw—"

Christian gently cut her off, his voice soothing. "Hey, slow down. I'm sure no one else saw." He took her hand gently in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Milo looked at him, her anxiety easing slightly. "You really think so?"

Christian nodded, his expression calm and supportive. "Yeah, I do. And even if someone did see, it's not the end of the world."

Milo nodded her head, feeling a bit more settled. "Okay," she said softly.

Christian smiled and gently released her hand. "I'm going to get ready for Act 2," he said, leaning in to give her a soft kiss on the forehead.

Milo felt a comforting warmth from his gesture and returned his smile. "Okay, I will see in a minute"

Christian nodded and left the dressing room, his presence lingering in Milo's thoughts. As he walked away, Milo took a moment to herself, collecting her thoughts and calming her nerves.

After a minute, she made her way to the hallway where everyone was gathered, chatting and preparing for Act 2

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱

As the group walked down to the stage, Milo lagged a little behind, lost in her thoughts. Suddenly, she felt an arm drape over her shoulder and looked up to see Brandon walking next to her.

"Okay, so I need to know," Brandon said with a grin, "Are you and Christian dating?"

Milo laughed softly. "Yeah, we are."

Brandon's smile widened. "I knew it."

Milo looked at him, puzzled. "I knew it," she repeated, her tone questioning.

"Oh, don't give me that look, M," Brandon said, waving his hand dismissively. "You two are really close during 'Days Like This.' It was pretty obvious."

Milo felt a blush rise to her cheeks but managed a sheepish smile. "Guess we weren't as subtle as we thought."

Brandon chuckled. "Nah, not at all. But it's great to see you both so happy."

Thanks, Brandon," Milo said with a grateful smile.

Brandon returned the smile warmly. "Anytime." He then removed his arm from her shoulder and quickened his pace to catch up with the others

˗ˏˋ꒰🤍꒱