Chapter 20-Last man Standing?

I don't own Pokémon. If I did, I probably wouldn't be here typing this out right now.
__________________________________

"Well, it looks like somebody was gambling with the architecture today. A few more attacks like this, and the whole castle is gonna come tumbling down like a tower of blocks." Grimsely hummed in thought, peering over a giant gash in the ground. He balanced precariously on a single leg, allowing the man to stare deep into the darkness. Yet he could not find the bottom. "Liepard, have you spotted anything yet?"

From the dark came the dark.

"Paaaaaard!" The dark type popped her head out of the gash, resting her paws on the edges of the glassed sand. Glass that was still searing hot. Despite that, Liepard seemed to care very little. "Pard! Lie!"

Nothing of note then?

What a pity. "Then off we go!" Grimsey leapt into the gash, scarf fluttering behind him as he fell through torn ceilings and open floors. "How nice of him to leave a clear path of destruction behind him, to say nothing of the tremors." His voice echoed as the wind picked up around him, crashing against his body as he entered free fall.

*rumble*

"Lieeeee-Pard!" The feline sprung down the chasm, bouncing across the wall as if she were practically weightless. Swiftly, she snatched Grimsley by the back of his scarf with her teeth, snagging him out of the open air. With a few more well timed bounces, she had effectively slowed his fall to nothing as they reached the bottom of the pit.

"Thanks for the catch." He fell into a roll, sand spraying beneath his feet. "Now, let's get the other kid before we have something real nasty on our hands."

"Intruder detected!"

A purple spotlight fell over the elite duo. Its owner drifted from the chasm above them, arriving from one of the many rooms that had been exposed.

"Like that." He motioned to the floating mound of earth above them. A claydol, large and worn down in a way that it easily betrayed its age. The interloper spun above them, leaking out psychic energy like a hose full of holes may have spat out water.

"New foe had been identified as a human. Accompanying species: Identity hard to determine. Signal has been sent. That which has been stolen must be reclaimed."

"A sentry? How fascinating." His eyes narrowed as Claydol's arms began to rotate, conjuring up a storm of purple sparks. Soon enough, they became a blur of glowing stone, hissing in a pinwheel of furious telekinetic power. "Uncle Grimsley is looking to get a bit lower, so I'd appreciate it if you stepped aside."

"Peace is not an option. Ready death ray. Ensure the offspring are protected. Final protocol: Ensue."

"S'that the coming out roll then?" This was really starting to get irritating. He had a job to do, and playing the game with loaded dice was getting old real fast. "Guess we'll stake it out on a pass line."

"Pard." Liepard sent a knowing smirk to her master, batting the sand off of her paws as purple light began to gather at the top of the enemy's arms.

"Yeah, I hear you loud and clear." He assured the Pokémon as Claydol's arms snapped forward, the once feeble rays of sparks taking shape into a swirling beam of psychic power. Twas' as light as a gale of wind as and as mighty as a missle. Sand erupted around them as the Psybeam lanced forward, piercing the air with a mighty hiss.

"Go crazy. Shadow Claw." At Grimsley's command, a dark spiral spun around Claydol's beam, surrounding it before it could even cover half of its intended distance. The world slowed for a minute as the purple laser was enveloped in a cloak of shadow.