Part 59: "Don't Blame Me" 🔞

Some of you requested the song for this chapter a while back. I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you have any other requests, I might be able to write something into the story for you ;)

(Song- "Don't Blame Me" by Taylor Swift)

~~~~~

The stage light adjusts as Josie hums the first few notes of her new song, one that even Hope hasn't heard yet. She's about to hear it for the first time, along with the crowd. After Hope's encouragement, she and the band got back to work. And here she is now, with the band's biggest crowd yet. And she owes it all to her muse as she begins to sing the first few lines.

Don't blame me, love made me crazy

If it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right...

As she goes on to the next lines, she glances toward the backstage area. A grin spreads across her lips as she spots Hope standing there, watching her with pride and adoration.

For you, I would cross the line

I would waste my time

I would lose my mind

The crowd catches on and screams even louder, knowing exactly who Josie is looking at.

My name is whatever you decide

And I'm just gonna call you mine

I'm insane, but I'm your baby

Echoes of your name inside my mind

She winks at her wife before turning her attention back to the audience for the next few lines.

I once was poison ivy, but now I'm your daisy...

Josie turns her attention back to Hope for the second pre-chorus.

And baby, for you, I would fall from grace

Just to touch your face

If you walk away, I'd beg you on my knees to stay

Josie thinks the audience likes that line just as much as Hope, judging by their reactions to it. And Hope's grin widens when she reaches the bridge,

I get so high, oh

Every time you're, every time you're loving me

You're loving me

Trip of my life, oh

Every time you're, every time you're touching me

You're touching me

Every time you're, every time you're loving me

She repeats the line, looking from the crowd to Hope yet again, and she could almost swear she catches the sight of Hope nodding her head at the line, verifying what she's saying. Loving me...

Josie nearly forgets to breathe for a moment, but she has to refocus on ending the performance strong.

She's just imagining things. She's sure of it.

But one thing she isn't imagining, is the quick flash of gold in Hope's gaze, which could have easily been mistaken for the stage light hitting her eye a certain way.

But Josie knows the look in her eyes well. It's the same look Hope has given her countless times before, that suggestive glint that sends a thrill down Josie's spine.