Chapter 5

Happy 'that Jinkook selca 'day🤭🤭

—-

Jungkook stood in the walkway, taking deep breaths to ease his tension. He was at Kim Seokjin and Kim Haerin's residence to brief them about the event they were attending that evening —a soirée organized by Haerin's parents. The Choi's - for a fundraiser gala for underprivileged youth. Both Jin and Namjoon were attending the event, which included a photo op and a press session before the gala. This part of the event would be held in public as Haerin's parents made a speech, so he was on duty for crowd control with his team. However, as the chief bodyguard, he was specifically responsible for dealing with Jin, especially because no one else dared to. And this would be his first time meeting Jin since the incident at the company.

"Ease up, Kook!! It's just a human being like any other. He won't eat you...hopefully!!" he huffed and comforted himself, trying to calm his nerves before walking up to the door of Kim Seokjin's home.

"Why the fuck am I so nervous!!" he mumbled to himself just as his phone rang.

Jungkook saw Jin's manager San's name on the screen and immediately picked up. San was supposed to accompany him but had a last-minute thing come up, so he couldn't.

"Yes, San hyung" Jungkook answered, taking a deep breath.

"Are you there?" San asked, his voice a bit muffled by background noise.

"Yes, I'm just going in!" Jungkook replied, looking at the imposing door ahead of him.

"Sorry I couldn't be there. I had to get to the office urgently. I'll meet you at the venue later" San explained, sounding genuinely apologetic.

"Sure, hyung, no worries!" Jungkook responded, appreciating the concern.

"Okay, bye... and please, keep your head cool no matter what you see inside, okay?" San advised.

Jungkook furrowed his brow, confused by the strange concern surrounding this job. It seemed like everyone treated Jin's security detail as if it involved handling a dangerous situation. Of course Jin was unfriendly but he didn't get why is everyone so worked up about everything all the time. With a sigh, he replied" Alright, hyung. Thanks. Bye."

He hung up and took another deep breath. "Here goes nothing!!" he muttered as he made his way to the door, mentally preparing himself for whatever danger awaited him inside.

Jungkook bowed to the guard stationed at the pathway leading to the mansion's front door, flashing his ID briefly before being allowed to pass. As he entered the house, his eyes widened in awe at the grandeur around him. He knew Jin and his wife were wealthy, but this exceeded anything he had ever seen..it was nothing short of a palace. Large, ornate chandeliers hung from the ceilings and elegant sitting areas with luxurious Persian rugs covering the hardwood floors. He knew his brother would die to be in here just to observe everything..the antique furnishings, the meticulously chosen decor pieces—everything spoke of wealth and taste. The mansion seemed designed not just for comfort but also to impress anyone who set foot inside.

" Well, hello!" a female voice snapped Jungkook back to reality. He turned and immediately recognized Kim Haerin, Jin's wife..the daughter of one of the country's prominent industrialists. She was dressed in a luxurious white robe, her face flawlessly made-up and holding a phone pressed to her ear.

"Good evening, madam!" Jungkook greeted respectfully, his voice steady despite the awe he felt.

"What's your name?" Haerin asked with a smirk, her eyes scanning him with curiosity.