Chapter 7

—-

"Hey, are you okay?" Taehyung asked as he walked into Hoseok's apartment . It was almost dawn and he had just returned from a late-night practice only to find Hoseok sitting at the dining room table, clutching his phone with red eyes.

"What is it? Are you sick? Is it your dad? Is he okay?" Taehyung's concern was evident as he bombarded Hoseok with questions.

Hoseok shook his head with tears streaming down his cheeks. "It's Jin!" he whispered.

Taehyung sighed deeply, moving to sit beside him. He gently placed a hand on Hoseok's back, rubbing soothing circles. "I forgot you talked to him today. Did he get angry? Say something hurtful?"

Hoseok nodded, unable to speak through the lump in his throat.

"Babe, he is probably just frustrated!!" Taehyung said softly. "I know you feel bad, but you have to remember that his life is miserable too. He is dealing with a lot and sometimes people lash out when they are hurting..Don't take it to your heart please!"

Hoseok's shoulders shook with silent sobs.
"No... it's not that," Hoseok sniffled, trying to catch his breath.

"Then what?" Taehyung asked, concern deepening as he knelt beside Hoseok, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"He hurt himself!!"Hoseok whispered, his voice was trembling and barely audible.

"What?" Taehyung's eyes widened in shock, his grip on Hoseok's shoulder tightening instinctively.

"San hyung just called me!" Hoseok continued, his words choked with emotion. "He says it was an accident, but... I think Jin hurt himself on purpose. He... he broke a glass in his hand."

"Damn!" Taehyung's voice was filled with a mix of anger and worry. "Is he okay?"

Hoseok nodded slowly, wiping away a tear that had escaped down his cheek. "Hyung said he got a few stitches and he is resting at home now, but... I can't shake the feeling that it wasn't just an accident."

"You think he did it on purpose?" Taehyung asked gently, his brow furrowing with concern.

"I don't know..." Hoseok's voice trembled . "He always acts so unbothered and, so bold. But the more I see him now, the more I feel like I don't know him anymore. The man I fell in love with... it feels like he was just a shadow, a facade!! Someone who didn't even exist. So ..I really don't know." Hoseok's voice broke as tears began streaming down his face once again.

Taehyung hugged him tighter, his heart aching for his boyfriend. He knew Hoseok came with a lot of emotional baggage and unresolved feelings towards Seokjin when they started their relationship. He was ready to help Hoseok through it, even though it could be a bit unreasonable at times. Taehyung understood his pain and knew that Hoseok's feelings for Jin came from a deeper, more meaningful connection they shared. It was not just about sex or anything physical , they had been each other's safe space for the longest time and it is not easy to let go of that.

"It's impossible to truly understand people, babe. No matter how long you know them. It's not your fault. You have tried everything and I'm sure Jin will come around. Maybe it really was just an accident, like Mr. Lee said!" he tried to console him.

Hoseok nodded, but the uncertainty about the entire thing still haunted his eyes. The weight of not knowing what was happening in Jin's life troubled him deeply and Taehyung could clearly see that.

"If you want, we can go see him tomorrow! " Taehyung offered softly, running his hand up and down Hoseok's back.

Hoseok shook his head. "No, I think I'll just stay back and let him recover first. I'll keep in touch with San hyung. If he did this after meeting me... I shouldn't probably trigger him again!" Hoseok replied.